Newly Released Bikes General

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Me too.

My wife manages and OPSM store and she get some real whack jobs in there.
Customer "THESE GLASSES ARE NO GOOD, I WANT SOMETHING DONE ABOUT IT!!"
My wife "What seems to be the problem with them?"
Customer "THAT YOUR JOB TO FIND OUT!!" :rolleyes:

What was this thread about again? :p
Does she have any tips on fresh designs? Leverage points for the arms? Ratio curves on lenses? Cutting edge frame materials? What colours are hot?

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Does she have any tips on fresh designs? Leverage points for the arms? Ratio curves on lenses? Cutting edge frame materials? What colours are hot?
Oh yeah, she's a qualified Optical Dispenser so she can spout off all the specifications of the script, lens material and coating, base curve, your astigmatism or distance vertex etc. and she can say "that looks nice on you" :p

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
I dunno man, when u charge $4k for a carbon frame made by low South China wages one frame probably covers 10+ replacements. It’s genius.
Ah yes, the Apple business model... build iPhone for cents on the dollar in 3rd world country, sell for thousands and just replace it when it inevitably goes bung.

Now you have a trillion dollar company and a loyal minion base.

Flow-Rider

Burner
No doubt. But I suspect you dont get too mnay bus owner coming into you and telling you what's wrong with their bus, becasue they "googled" it. And their mate, who has been driving buses since Easter, says that it's a definate warranty....
I'm not saying the business you're involved with does it, but I've heard a lot of porkies come out of well-known shops across Brisbane over the years, like go back to Giant for your dropper post warranty on the bike we've just serviced, the bike that you bought from us that cost over 8k, nothin to do with us and not our problems.

Last edited:

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
I'm not saying the business you're involved with does it, but I've heard a lot of porkies come out of well-known shops across Brisbane over the years, like go back to Giant for your dropper post warranty on the bike we've just serviced, the bike that you bought from us that cost over 8k, nothin to do with us and not our problems.
But if you bought the bike from the shop....and it was a Giant, then of course it's the shops problem, as a Giant dealer. Especially if they serviced it! Genuine warranties are genuine warranties, but the difference is the amount of chancers we get, claiming warranty, when there is no case for it.

Flow-Rider

Burner
But if you bought the bike from the shop....and it was a Giant, then of course it's the shops problem, as a Giant dealer. Especially if they serviced it! Genuine warranties are genuine warranties, but the difference is the amount of chancers we get, claiming warranty, when there is no case for it.
I'm hearing you, sometimes you got to save face and eat the shite, I've worked pretty much my whole life in small businesses dealing first hand with angry customers, it's the old story of good news travels slow but bad news travels fast. I've heard quite a lot of stories over the years of genuine warranty declined though, happens in every industry, whose gonna engage an engineer at 500+/hr and a solicitor at the same price to challenge a warranty worth a couple of thousands, where a judge can rule the other person in favour on a small technicality.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Looks like the hate for shitmano and scam are echoing across the world in the comments section.
Comments section on PB usually delivers :)

Looks like a great idea but can't help but wonder if it would be an a interim stop until the fabled universal gearbox arrives.

Sram and Shimano will be running out of drivetrain ideas soon unless 13 or 14 speed is pushed to be 'a necessary advance to make your MTB'ing more awesome'.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Comments section on PB usually delivers :)

Looks like a great idea but can't help but wonder if it would be an a interim stop until the fabled universal gearbox arrives.

Sram and Shimano will be running out of drivetrain ideas soon unless 13 or 14 speed is pushed to be 'a necessary advance to make your MTB'ing more awesome'.
We'll probably be on our bionic legged single drive variable speed motored e-bikes soon.