The QUICK question thread.....

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
How long do your bike's grips last for? The top side of mine are basically a sticky mush - I'll rotate them for now but I'm thinking of going back to Deathgrips. Any other recommendations?
The fatbike ODI grips last a few weeks. I put it down to salt air and sunscreen. Went to foam grips and they have lasted a year. Need to check them before this year's beach riding...

hambonanas

Want to know what I had for breakfast? I tell you!
The fatbike ODI grips last a few weeks. I put it down to salt air and sunscreen. Went to foam grips and they have lasted a year. Need to check them before this year's beach riding...
So six months in Cairns isn't so bad then?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
How long do your bike's grips last for? The top side of mine are basically a sticky mush - I'll rotate them for now but I'm thinking of going back to Deathgrips. Any other recommendations?
Recommendation - grips aren't even worn in until they're sticky mush that leaves you with rubber ingrained in your palms at the end of a ride. That's where the grip comes from. If you can't see the plastic coming through the rubber, they've got plenty of life left.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Lizard skins northshore single layer grips. $15 from Pushys: stick like the proverbial, soft and comfy. Just get some wd40 to get them on (youtube wd40 bmx grips) and 2mm galvanised fencing wire to safety wire them on (check out youtube as well).

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

My grips last ages. Do you ride in gloves or naked hands? I find naked hands wear them down faster than gloves.

From memory you're a tall fellow so these might be a bit slim if you have giant hands but they are a firm texture that feels good in the hand. They seem very durable though I have only used them a little and not off road yet.

hambonanas

Want to know what I had for breakfast? I tell you!
My grips last ages. Do you ride in gloves or naked hands? I find naked hands wear them down faster than gloves.

From memory you're a tall fellow so these might be a bit slim if you have giant hands but they are a firm texture that feels good in the hand. They seem very durable though I have only used them a little and not off road yet.

I mainly ride with gloves unless I'm taking the children to school.

Only issue with those are the crazy minimum order at CRC.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Lizard skins northshore single layer grips. $15 from Pushys: stick like the proverbial, soft and comfy. Just get some wd40 to get them on (youtube wd40 bmx grips) and 2mm galvanised fencing wire to safety wire them on (check out youtube as well).

I'm using Oury from bike bug and love them. Nice and chunky and sticky as hell. Also free shipping.

moorey

call me Mia

I just can’t fathom why anyone would still do this in this day and age. I assume you still use vulcanizing patches and a baseball cap covered in pitch as a helmet?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I just can’t fathom why anyone would still do this, I’m this day and age. I assume you still use vulcanizing patches and a baseball cap covered in pitch as a helmet?
Serious question - pitch or pith? (I'm assuming autocorrect, but just in case...) Did people really wear chunks of lawn as head protection?