Newly Released Bikes General

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
You’re either an Intense guy or you aren’t. I’m the latter. Never have been….but then, I collect Oranges.
I dunno, they're still pretty cool but the lustre has dipped compared to say 10 years ago. Couple of mates have had some of their newer ones (Recluse and current Tracer) - versatile, fun bikes that corner really nicely (especially the Recluse) but neither were without faults and quality (especially paint, finish etc.) could've been better.

I get the feeling that Jeff Steber's heart has never really been in it since they switched to making plastic bikes, their alloy stuff is definitely cooler. Would still like to build up an old clamshell frame Tracer some day.

moorey

call me Mia
I dunno, they're still pretty cool but the lustre has dipped compared to say 10 years ago. Couple of mates have had some of their newer ones (Recluse and current Tracer) - versatile, fun bikes that corner really nicely (especially the Recluse) but neither were without faults and quality (especially paint, finish etc.) could've been better.

I get the feeling that Jeff Steber's heart has never really been in it since they switched to making plastic bikes, their alloy stuff is definitely cooler. Would still like to build up an old clamshell frame Tracer some day.
Some bikes/companies give you them feels, some don't. They just never have for me, for no reason, and I particularly can't stomach their look for the last 7 years or so. The M16 was a nice looking DH bike, that's about it, No comment on their ride, I'm sure it's well bonza.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Some bikes/companies give you them feels, some don't. They just never have for me, for no reason, and I particularly can't stomach their look for the last 7 years or so. The M16 was a nice looking DH bike, that's about it, No comment on their ride, I'm sure it's well bonza.
All jokes aside,I have that feeling with Giant. I've never seen a Giant in 20 something years that has made me want to buy it instantly.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Honestly, the heart wasn't in it when they were metal either (or maybe it was all heart no head...). Misaligned frames, linkage hardware that would come loose and fall out on the trail, cheap ass paint, somehow managing to make bikes that pedalled like shit even using VPP etc. Agree that the old Tracer was a "cool" bike but they didn't have much else going for them.

I had a 6.6 and then a Spider 2. Both were kinda cool but neither was good. Took three warranty attempts with the Spider to get a frame that was capable of leaving a single tyre track hah... By that point I'd bought a Nomad frame and just sold the last Spider straight to a friend who then had all his own issues with it.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I had a 6.6 and then a Spider 2. Both were kinda cool but neither was good. Took three warranty attempts with the Spider to get a frame that was capable of leaving a single tyre track hah... By that point I'd bought a Nomad frame and just sold the last Spider straight to a friend who then had all his own issues with it.
Yeah I had fairly similar issues with my first gen Spider 29. Frame stiffness was an issue (especially corners taken at speed) and removing / reinstalling the rear wheel was a struggle owing to some rear triangle alignment concerns... Luckily this was ages ago and I just assumed all FS bikes were a bit compromised in some way.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Remember when Intense actually made bikes you cared about.
In their defence, the trail version of that bike does look nice. But...why not pick a new name? Why rehash one of their most popular dh bike names?

Actually that seems to be their style at the moment. Isn't the taser their e-Bike?

You’re either an Intense guy or you aren’t. I’m the latter. Never have been….but then, I collect Oranges.

For a long time they've just been an alternative to sc...only real difference during the glory days of being hand made in USA was did you want bendy tubes or straight tubes?

With the huge delays in production and supply issues I was a little surprise he isn't kick open the garage and start making some aluminium frames again just to ensure he had some stock to sell while everyone else was standing in an orderly queue.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
A mate of had and Intense Tracer (the burn your eyes out green and yellow) and it would chew out linkage, wheel and BB, bearings like you wouldn't believe and Intense just gave him the run around the whole time. There was some serious misalignment issues going on. He ended up just selling it. :(.