What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This was a secondhand one he got from his cousin (that he only learnt to pedal without stabilisers two weeks ago...) and normally stays at his grandparents but is at our house for some reason, and he has one we bought him too so no upgrade needed at the minute
I might be able to salvage it - just need the right size crank and some new pedals
Then tubeless, wider bars, a custom suspension tune, weight appropriate bore on the brakes, some drillium, and one of odd jobs seats.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Opened Pandora's box :rolleyes:

#2's bike just needed the cassette and rear rotor fitted, a quick gear tune and then take some photos for his 'sale advert', should only take me 15mins.

I should have know better with his bloody bike.

*No pads left in the rear, metal on metal.

*Front brake squealing like a pig, has contaminated pads yesterday when cleaning it.

*Rear brake needs bled, couldn't get the new pads to move out.

*Dropper slow and needed a service/clean.

Dropper cable frayed and needed new cable.

*Gear shifter is loose, but the bolt is tight, really tight but the shifter is still moving, pop screw breaks in shifter, drill out and easy-out the screw. Little shit has lost the bolt and used a brake rotor bolt, which was too long. 10/10 for ingenuity, 0/10 for doing it without telling me.

*Thought his rear wheel was buckled, nope, just another Maxxis with a double bunion, one on each side, one top, one bottom, just to give the really fucked look when spinning the back wheel.

2.5hrs later I took some pictures for him FFS.

20221020_133448.jpg

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Opened Pandora's box :rolleyes:

#2's bike just needed the cassette and rear rotor fitted, a quick gear tune and then take some photos for his 'sale advert', should only take me 15mins.

I should have know better with his bloody bike.

*No pads left in the rear, metal on metal.

*Front brake squealing like a pig, has contaminated pads yesterday when cleaning it.

*Rear brake needs bled, couldn't get the new pads to move out.

*Dropper slow and needed a service/clean.

Dropper cable frayed and needed new cable.

*Gear shifter is loose, but the bolt is tight, really tight but the shifter is still moving, pop screw breaks in shifter, drill out and easy-out the screw. Little shit has lost the bolt and used a brake rotor bolt, which was too long. 10/10 for ingenuity, 0/10 for doing it without telling me.

*Thought his rear wheel was buckled, nope, just another Maxxis with a double bunion, one on each side, one top, one bottom, just to give the really fucked look when spinning the back wheel.

2.5hrs later I took some pictures for him FFS.

View attachment 393628
Excellent sales pitch! :p

Lucaw

Next in line
Yeah they were going great for a while there.

I sent the email to them about the broken rear tri, got an email next day saying they were going to send me a new improved one ASAP.

Delays and issues with supply and paint, apologies... not a lot they can do. It's a shit sandwich all over the industry.

I've told numb nuts he needs to get something solid like a 18kg Commencal, Knolly or a Norco Sight.
Would this work for him? https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...h&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post
I’m happy to return a favour

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Went for a sneaky after work ride given the weather's been great and is about not to be for the next few days. While staring dumbly at a fallen tree and various flood damage blocking the trail I was on I noticed someone on a flash looking black Nicolai fly past on an adjacent track. Wasn't you @leitch was it?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Went for a sneaky after work ride given the weather's been great and is about not to be for the next few days. While staring dumbly at a fallen tree and various flood damage blocking the trail I was on I noticed someone on a flash looking black Nicolai fly past on an adjacent track. Wasn't you @leitch was it?
Oh maybe! I was out for a bit of a spin, got muddier than expected… found a fish in a puddle in the grass haha. You got an SB150 as well as the Forbidden?

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Our locals had taken a pounding, not flooding just a lot of fallen trees...

Put the DeWalt in the backpack with a spare battery, which I never used... and stupidly didn't pack the aerogard.

Made six of them go away. Two more to go.

Was expecting to take grief from the dog walkers, but they were all overjoyed.

Tree down before 1.jpg

Tree down done 1.jpg

Tree down before 2.jpg

Tree down done 2.jpg

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Oh maybe! I was out for a bit of a spin, got muddier than expected… found a fish in a puddle in the grass haha. You got an SB150 as well as the Forbidden?
SB130. Most of the trails I rode were pretty dry but I kept clear of the riverside ones once I realised half had been underwater not that long ago. Ground was absolutely saturated.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
2.7km of the best in the rain last night.

Up the first little climb and my post drops. Meet the group at the bottom of the little descent and it’s going up and down freely. No issue at lever so somethings caught internally. Fuck internal cable routing. Raise the white flag and head home.

Would have been a ripper, I don’t mind a wet ride as long as it’s not torrential.

838E13C5-6D71-4A7D-8DF3-C48A962DDF76.jpeg

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
SB130. Most of the trails I rode were pretty dry but I kept clear of the riverside ones once I realised half had been underwater not that long ago. Ground was absolutely saturated.
Ahh nice, then yep I saw you. And yeah, everything up around the Boulie was pretty good obviously but I went out the freeway trails to Eaglemont and looped back around via the gravel behind Ivanhoe golf course etc and it was like the Somme in there still haha. Should have stayed closer to home!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Sorry long one.

So what I thought was just sore shoulder and rib cage turned out to actually be a blown spleen and broken ribs x 3. The sore left shoulder is actually a symptom of a ruptured spleen apparently. So anyway after I crashed I pulled myself together and gingerly rolled down the hill and drove the two hours home.
Sat around the next day feeling pretty crap and light headed. Started napping and tried to go to the toilet and woke up on the floor. Must have passed out. I thought I was light headed because of an anelgesic my missus gave me for her restless legs.
So about 5pm she gets home says I look like shit. I did. Finally I agreed to present at the local hospital and hearing my story rushed me in and did a 2 second ultra sound to confirm their hunch and called an ambo for the nearest trauma center. On the way there the Ambos were astounded that I had rolled back down, drove home, walked in on my own two feet and that I’d sat at home like a dickhead bleeding out for a day and a half.
So straight into emergency, past the ramped ambos that some had been waiting there for 5-6 hours propping up walls with their patients after a quick ct scan into surgery. By this stage I was in full agony mode with off the scale pain. Pumped me full of Ketamine then off to surgery.
Full splenectomy. They said they saved a tiny bit so who know it could grow back a little and refunction.
Next two days was a weird trip of special K dreams and visions and much pain and slightly grateful I didn’t die for my stubborn refusal to go to a doctor sooner.
So yeah. Couple months off work, same for bike, TranNZ highly doubtful.
My memory of the Crash was knowing I didn’t have the speed to send the drop and figure I got I’d roll it which is fine I’d you are 8 inches to the right. The line I rolled has a big stick uppy rock a foot below that. I remember seeing the fork compress and then tumbling and landing on the slab sideways below with the biggest impact I’ve ever felt.
Somewhere I must have landed on the stem and the rest is history.
Ah well. That’s the way it goes.
Is the bike ok…?

Jpez

Down on the left!
Is the bike ok…?
I’m disappointed in you all. I can’t believe it took anyone this long to ask about the most important thing! THE most important question.
IS THE BIKE OK? :p;)

Yep. Bike is absolutely fine. Small ding in the front rim where it smashed dead stop into the rock and in must have landed on a handle bar end as the end of my Ergon grip is gone and a few mm of chipping on the One Up Carbon bar.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I’m disappointed in you all. I can’t believe it took anyone this long to ask about the most important thing! THE most important question.

Yep. Bike is absolutely fine. Small ding in the front rim where it smashed dead stop into the rock and in must have landed on a handle bar end as the end of my Ergon grip is gone and a few mm of chipping on the One Up Carbon bar.
Good news :)

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

I know you well enough to know that you'll treat MTB injuries as an annoyance (no matter how severe), but would be losing it if the bike had been damaged. :p

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

Which bike was it? Will it be re-named the Spleenator? I will see myself out.

Hope you are healing up well.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Which bike was it? Will it be re-named the Spleenator? I will see myself out.

Hope you are healing up well.
Not sure what you mean. Please exspleen?

haha. It was the carbon Highlander. If it was the alloy GG I wouldn’t
have bothered checking the frame over. That bike laughs at stacks!
oh by the way. Meet Spleenboy. Spleeny for short. This is the last contact I had with my little guy as the last bits of him made his way out of the drain tube.:p:D
FD8E10D0-4BA6-4C12-83C1-FEB47296DE32.jpeg

I know you well enough to know that you'll treat MTB injuries as an annoyance (no matter how severe), but would be losing it if the bike had been damaged. :p
You do know me well!