What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Paying somebody to build your wheels is really $$$ too.
Even rebuilding your own with old spokes, new nipples and old rims is a pain.

A rim swap is a bit better as you can tape the new rim to the old one and do one spoke at a time. All the spokes are in the same place and any rub marks and bends stay in the same place.

Hubs :mad: unlacing the whole wheel and possibly sending a hub back for inspection before warranty.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Swift response fron Onyx. Sending me a new hub. I asked to swap it out for a classic hub and also requested express shipping, they said yes to the first and I'm waiting to hear about the second. My classic Onyx hubs have performed flawlessly for years hence the request. After a quick Hambo there have been a few instances of the Vespers cracking so I figured having that in the back of my mind is something I can do without.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Speaking as we were of ships and shoes and syringes I went to my niece's place to teach her how to bleed Shimano brakes. Her bike and sons. She did the last one on her own. Twice because she wanted to find out what happens if you forget to close the bleed nipple before removing the syringe!! Left a funnel, plenty of fluid, couple of hoses and syringes with her. She will get the kids to help flush the last bike (her father's Avanti Hammer I built for him so many years ago).

Her partner's bike needed doing too but as I saw the dreaded Hayes nine I said sorry no speaka English.