What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
So a while back I bought a gravel bike for commuting so today I decided to actually take it for a quick ride, the only problem with living in a hole means no matter which way I go I have to climb, I guess it’s one way to get fit.
View attachment 393937
View attachment 393938
You would get fitter if you did on a mountain bike ;) and you wouldn't have to bathe in bleach after your ride.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Saw someone with a silver Paradox on the roof of a car in Northcote area yesterday - anyone here?

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Ordered some fresh rubber (DHRII), Oneup composite pedals and fresh pivot bearings to reward the bike for its efforts. Almost pulled the trigger on some Magura 4 piston calipers but also have my eye on a new rear shock so weighing all that up at the moment.

Suspension pivot bearings were well over due for some attention; been creaking for a while now and could hardly turn when I pulled it apart. Removed the bearing seals and flushed them out (no grease in there but a ton of dust) and repacked. Main pivot bearings are rough as but they’re moving at least and surprisingly quiet for now.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Got back on it. Did the bus from Canberra to Cooma's Mt Gladstone park, which runs shuttles until lunch then pub lunch at Cooma on the way home. What a great way to spend a Sunday. Was super sketchy the first run, got into it a bit but the mud was so bad in some places, then my shoulder started giving me grief on the 8th run so I called it and chilled under a tree, and helped a young fella and his mum get a tyre off and on with the only tool I carry, tyre levers.

Most of the crew were more sendy and quicker than me., I avoided this gap:

gap1.jpg

gap2.jpg

bikes.jpg

group.jpg

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Rode it. Not far or fast but fuck me it was good! I loaded the best ‘drink fight and fuck’ Pougues songs I could find into a play list and rode that gravel like a rash!
Oh oops… I thought this was GravelBurn. :eek: As you were.

Oh yeah, how’s StrollerBurn treating you @Haakon ? :pView attachment 393955View attachment 393956
That's one serious belly zipper you have right there!

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Got back on it. Did the bus from Canberra to Cooma's Mt Gladstone park, which runs shuttles until lunch then pub lunch at Cooma on the way home. What a great way to spend a Sunday. Was super sketchy the first run, got into it a bit but the mud was so bad in some places, then my shoulder started giving me grief on the 8th run so I called it and chilled under a tree, and helped a young fella and his mum get a tyre off and on with the only tool I carry, tyre levers.

Most of the crew were more sendy and quicker than me., I avoided this gap:

View attachment 393950

View attachment 393951

View attachment 393952
View attachment 393953
What track is that jump on at Cooma, have been there a few times but don't recall ever seeing it.