Newly Released Bikes General

Jpez

Down on the left!
I thought it was just the air shocks that shat the bed. At any rate they also have one for a Lot cheaper sans shock.
At any rate I wasn’t suggesting a fox shock. Just saying in comparison how over priced the Propain was. They also have Ohlins. Oils too which would be my pick.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Does it though?
Sorry, let me rephrase that! "Makes sense in relation to the Euro RRP"

Say €2800 Euros for the frame & Shock at full price. Direct conversion at 0.6 (which is what they prob would have costed it at) is $4700, add a bit of GST and you're at $5170.

No distro is going to sell their bikes/frames for *less* that a converted RRP. Being able to hit that converted RRP is often hard enough for a distro, especially in the last few years when freight has been fucked.

Thankfully sea and air freight is coming back to normal costs in the import game. Back to $500 - $800USD for a container cost (plus all the anciliaries), compared to $12000 USD for the container cost alone 12 months ago!

Note: I'm not in Bike, but have experience in other import/distro fields.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sorry, let me rephrase that! "Makes sense in relation to the Euro RRP"

Say €2800 Euros for the frame & Shock at full price. Direct conversion at 0.6 (which is what they prob would have costed it at) is $4700, add a bit of GST and you're at $5170.

No distro is going to sell their bikes/frames for *less* that a converted RRP. Being able to hit that converted RRP is often hard enough for a distro, especially in the last few years when freight has been fucked.

Thankfully sea and air freight is coming back to normal costs in the import game. Back to $500 - $800USD for a container cost (plus all the anciliaries), compared to $12000 USD for the container cost alone 12 months ago!

Note: I'm not in Bike, but have experience in other import/distro fields.

Dildos?

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Ibis HD6 pricing. $6400 for frame with exploding shock.

Hate to say it, but at direct conversion from the US RRP of $3900, it tracks. Sucks, and it'll keep me off, but Ibis was rarely cheap!

That Nukeproof Mega 29er on CRC is looking better and better.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
Hard to go past a whole bike for the price of an Ibis frame!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Hate to say it, but at direct conversion from the US RRP of $3900, it tracks. Sucks, and it'll keep me off, but Ibis was rarely cheap!

Hard to go past a whole bike for the price of an Ibis frame!
Especially when it has Sam Hill winning pedigree.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Not a fan. But then I think the Voima looks cool so wtf do I know :)
Ha. Yeah Voima not my cuppa but each to their own. I look forward to hear more details about your purple pole though. As it’s good to see companies push the boundaries a bit.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Kashima and raw Titanium is a no from me. Replace the Kashima (and the high idler gear) with black anno and it would be gorgeous.
It’s a hottie in my book. Not sure what gains they’re hoping for with the high pivot on a short travel bike suitable for Icons though?

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Kashima and raw Titanium is a no from me. Replace the Kashima (and the high idler gear) with black anno and it would be gorgeous.
Prototype phase but that idler looks more normal for Deviate with a bearing in the middle rather than the current setup of the idler running in bearings on frame and swing arm. Interested to see if it ever makes production.