Bargain buys thread

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Blasphemy.
Great trail tyre. No more burpin and grip goin down is worth the drag up! :cool:
The grip down is something special but I put a set of DHR II MaxxGrips on my Deviate, they lasted 2-3 rides and I had to take them off.

Could probably get away with one on the front and a faster rolling MaxxTerra Dissector on the back but chasing people on trails with them was murder.

Ebike, grip for days with zero downsides ;)

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
The grip down is something special but I put a set of DHR II MaxxGrips on my Deviate, they lasted 2-3 rides and I had to take them off.

Could probably get away with one on the front and a faster rolling MaxxTerra Dissector on the back but chasing people on trails with them was murder.

Ebike, grip for days with zero downsides ;)
If u rode the non eebs more, u wouldn’t have such a hard time keepin up m8 ;)

Jabubu

let you google that for me
I'm going down a rabbit hole of bargains at Bikecomponents.de - some seriously good stuff on there!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This is true...

How much stuff do you think I can put in my suitcase and not attract the ire of customs?

Heaps...as long as it isn't new. So perhaps you have disassembled that bike you left at your cousin's mate's house to bring home the bits you wanted to keep...

SummitFever

Eats Squid
This is true...

How much stuff do you think I can put in my suitcase and not attract the ire of customs?
I don't think they care unless the suitcase is full of multiples of the same thing (eg. looks commercial).

I will be stocking up on lots of bike related stuff on my current Germany trip. So good to have overnight delivery. You do pay the 19% VAT but this time around I'm going to find out how you claim that back when you leave. I think most airports have a desk where you can submit the paperwork.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I'm going down a rabbit hole of bargains at Bikecomponents.de - some seriously good stuff on there!
FFS, years too late.

Buy in Germany, get charged 20% Vat, buy from Oz, keep under $1000, zero charged so 20% cheaper excluding shipping.

Bikecomponents,and R2 are my main buying destinations, Bike24 and Hibike have fallen out of favour lately.

Jabubu

FFS, years too late.

Buy in Germany, get charged 20% Vat, buy from Oz, keep under $1000, zero charged so 20% cheaper excluding shipping.

Bikecomponents,and R2 are my main buying destinations, Bike24 and Hibike have fallen out of favour lately.
Now change the shipping destination to the UK and choose some Shimano stuff...

Jabubu

There are plenty of Shimano honey holes without paying 20% tax.

Add 20% to it, you might as well buy it here.
Weird that no tax is stated when you choose the UK as a destination whereas most other countries get their respective taxes added to the price.

XT 12sp 10-51 cassette for $120 seems like a good deal, even if they do add 20%.

But to be honest Shimano wasn't my main concern, Trickstuff pads for 11 Euros, SRAM X01 chain for 36 Euros etc. Some seriously good deals there!