The QUICK question thread.....

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
factory tight so who knows...

yup, all over the flattening... did previously for smaller 26mm one for 32mm Fox
Shitney Tools only had stupidly massive deep 32mm today (pic for size comparison of 30 vs 26 :p ) and am irrationally impatient to pull fork apart.....

Will go to proper tool shop tomorrow ;)

1707207175715.png

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Do SnowInn (or bike inn etc) shipments go via Frankfurt? Getting an estimated four day delivery time which seems too good to be true.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Do SnowInn (or bike inn etc) shipments go via Frankfurt? Getting an estimated four day delivery time which seems too good to be true.
I've used them a couple of times the last few months. Their delivery time has been good.
As @scblack confirmed delivery has been good for me too*

*however my last order (tyre and mudguard) was ordered on the 24/12/23. Should be here this week.

It was a case of the ol' "item is in stock.................. Hang on, no it is not".

They did give me the option of refunding that part of the order, but I wasn't in a rush so have just waited for stock.

IMO the 4 day delivery must be from when Auspost gets it.... But the delivery (from ordered to delivered) isn't Frankfurt fuckery bad.

ausdb

Being who he is
Quick and or dumb question, yes go nuts with mexican girl memes.

I have SLX M7120 cranks, I want to run them in a non boost frame, Shimano docs say to have the 3mm rubber spacer thingy on the chainring side of the BB for boost. If I put said spacer on the non drive side it should unboost my chainline. Or am I overthinking it?
Pic showing spacer on drive side.
Cranks.jpg

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

I have SLX M7120 cranks, I want to run them in a non boost frame, Shimano docs say to have the 3mm rubber spacer thingy on the chainring side of the BB for boost. If I put said spacer on the non drive side it should unboost my chainline. Or am I overthinking it?
View attachment 406879
Unboost it arguably yes, but your non drive-side crank will be sitting about 6mm further out than the other.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click

View attachment 406879
Need a set of non-boost cranks?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
So I have found myself in the position that I need to sell my E-Bike - Does anyone have nay experience in shipping an E- bike? - I have shipped bikes in the past but I fear the weight will blow out shipping costs even though it will fit in a bike box.
Send the battery and charger separately if it helps.

zooks

Likes Dirt
Tyre insert with the easiest installation? Mainly for rim protection.

CushCore? Turbolight? Tannus? Rimpact pro? All the same shit?

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Tyre insert with the easiest installation? Mainly for rim protection.

CushCore? Turbolight? Tannus? Rimpact pro? All the same shit?
Been using Huck Norris for a few years. They have a few varieties depending on your riding flavour. Easy to install and they work.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I’ve only used Huck Norris originals and Cushcore.

Huck Norris a chinch to install. But I found it almost useless for rim protection. The rim still audibly let me know when I dinged it and when I removed them it looked like a badger had taken to it. Rim was was beat up.

Cushcore Pro. Big learning curve to install but once you get the knack it’s pretty easy. Rim protection is excellent. Still get the occasional ding but it’s pretty rare but I really dig the ride feel and ability to run lower pressure for Moar grip. Just adds a tiny bit more compliance.
If you’re after easy install these aren’t for you

Haven’t tried any other brands so can’t comment