The QUICK question thread.....

safreek

I used those a long time ago (there was a time when halo items were available on crc for crazy prices) and made it to the end of my street before they failed. I can't guarantee it wasn't user error, but I am pretty sure I set them up correctly. I was jibbing along the street giving them a good testing when...fuck me! Between the popping and the jamming my breaks it came real loose. I would recommend finding some chain tensioners that go in the drop outs.
Cool, I'll give them a miss then

Jabubu

let you google that for me
A local bike shop is offering a Fox fork 50 hour service and they'll teach you how to do your own 50 hour services all for $100. Worth it?

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Would you prefer an interactive demonstration as opposed to a watching a video on Youtube. Seems reasonable to me - their time has to be worth something.
I absolutely would - I don't know if there's any differences but sometimes entry level stuff has subtle differences to high end and most YT tutorials feature service tutorials on high end gear like Fox Factory, Shimano XT etc.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Most of my rides are crack o dawns currently. I have a zillion lumens to light up the dark but frequently come across walkers in the dark no torch just walking in the dark. Do they have super powerful eyes? They like the dark walks or have they just eaten more carrots than me. Puzzling as to why you would walk in the bush in the dark. Maybe it’s a walking thing. The trail runners seem to have lights.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Most of my rides are crack o dawns currently. I have a zillion lumens to light up the dark but frequently come across walkers in the dark no torch just walking in the dark. Do they have super powerful eyes? They like the dark walks or have they just eaten more carrots than me. Puzzling as to why you would walk in the bush in the dark. Maybe it’s a walking thing. The trail runners seem to have lights.
If there is enough light to walk I do the same and only fire up the torch if a car or bike appears.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Interesting. I guess if you know the trails and are ok with the first drips of light then walk on. :cool:
Part of it for me is that the torch even on minimum setting attracts all sorts of flying insects. Walking means they just move with you, never had that issue riding. As long as I can see the edges of the track or road then it is fine. I use the torch where there are overhanging trees though, something to do with spiders and webs.

indica

Serial flasher
Why is Samantha Kerr saying "stupid white bastard" not seen as racist by the media?

IMO the police officer doesn't really care but is sick of entitled arsehats using terms such as these, they probably cannot use ethnic based identifiers to describe people.

No different to someone throwing a racial slur her way.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Why is Samantha Kerr saying "stupid white bastard" not seen as racist by the media?

IMO the police officer doesn't really care but is sick of entitled arsehats using terms such as these, they probably cannot use ethnic based identifiers to describe people.

TL/DR it is racist imo, but also it isn't because white people are the hegemony so abusing them is not "punching down" and a whole bunch of other stuff I learnt at uni then promptly forgot. Also plenty of media calling for her scalp (usual suspects, if we're lucky it'll get turned into another partisan shitfight yay).

Suss that the Police took over a year to place charges, but still crap form if true.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

I give this a -3 on care factor compared to a 10/10 for the other stuff going on in the world like oh I don't know, Ukraine, Gaza, the US elections, China's floundering economy etc etc etc.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
TL/DR it is racist imo, but also it isn't because white people are the hegemony so abusing them is not "punching down" and a whole bunch of other stuff I learnt at uni then promptly forgot. Also plenty of media calling for her scalp (usual suspects, if we're lucky it'll get turned into another partisan shitfight yay).

Suss that the Police took over a year to place charges, but still crap form if true.
There's going to be a bit of dumbshittery in the years to come in this space because racism does (for better or worse)actually work both ways in terms of the legislation.