Confessions from the fuckwits

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
You probably need a new frame @Mr Crudley . You won't be able to trust that 5010 after an incident like this. I'll take it for you and put it through some vigorous safety testing when I get home. To give you peace of mind.
That is good point. Safety first kids.

I could rent it out to you for some finely brewed coffees and tell people those Poodle getting big air photos are me instead..

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I was thinking of that too. Nice to have spare on hand but unclear if it is the source of the play and not that it matters if you *really* need one.
Do you have a photo of your axle upgrade?

Just need to make sure that the repair bolt fits something that a multitool has handy.
Long ago sorry, bike was moved on. No idea where or with whom. Tapping it M8 rings a bell and I grabbed a stainless grub screw about 20mm long. Stainless in aluminium isn't a great idea but it was coated in loctite. The sort of loctite that you remove with a small thermonuclear device, not bearing seat loctite. Full clean with isopropyl alcohol and primer then loctite. It never gave any trouble. The previous owner had chewed it up pretty badly and one removal too many the hex stripped. Luckily it loosened enough to come out.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Long ago sorry, bike was moved on. No idea where or with whom. Tapping it M8 rings a bell and I grabbed a stainless grub screw about 20mm long. Stainless in aluminium isn't a great idea but it was coated in loctite. The sort of loctite that you remove with a small thermonuclear device, not bearing seat loctite. Full clean with isopropyl alcohol and primer then loctite. It never gave any trouble. The previous owner had chewed it up pretty badly and one removal too many the hex stripped. Luckily it loosened enough to come out.
Belting in a small cheap allen key cut to size could be the cheap and nasty way to do it. The angle the chopped key points would need a bit of care / luck.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Bike tear down. Two new tyres. Cushcore.
New cables, cassette, brake bleed, pads etc etc.
put the wheels back on aaaaaaaaand notice that both tires are on backwards. I’ve put one tire on backwards before BUT NOT FUCKING BOTH OF THEM!!!!
With the wheels installed the rotors are on the same side as the calipers right?

cammas

Seamstress
This is going to be long one, TLDR I’m a dickhead, big time.
So after deciding to put my hope hubbed (?) wheels onto my Trance E+ I needed some 6 bolt rotors. Search the internets for some ideas I decided on some Galfer 2.0mm thick rotors, so back to the net for a good deal, Bikesonline have them for $67 each sweet order placed.

Rotors arrive I’m flat out with work so no chance to fit them until last Wednesday night, bolt them up and looking sweet will swap over the tyres Friday. Here comes the first thing, Friday arvo comes along then I read this from @rowdyflat then the penny drops, fark!!!!!! the magnet. Look at my bike it’s a ring behind the centrelock, okay back to Googling okay Melbourne electric bikes have them in stock, so I give them a call Saturday morning yep we have the e-bike rotors and should have the magnet, okay I drive down there grab another rotor with the special hole and a Magura magnet.

Next one - we talk a bit more and he says they have a magnet that attaches via the rotor bolts fark it and can’t be farked doing refunds etc and a spare will come in handy plus I didn’t want to embarrass myself, this was bad enough.

Alright after all the farking around I’m back on track, time to get back home and get these wheels on. Get the rear wheel all sorted I knew going with the 2mm rotor would be a pain but nothing drastic, push the pistons in some fiddling with alignment some sweating and swearing but it’s done. Okay now to the front wheel, few learnings from the rear brake so was was a lot quicker, as they they come in 3’s here’s the next one :rolleyes:
I’m trying to align the calliper but no matter what I do it’s still rubbing, I get out the torch and start looking at what’s going on, nope there’s clearance each side. Now I ordered the same size as what was on the bike 203mm rear and 223mm front, double check the Giant website, 203 rear and 220 front, fark!!!!!!!! Okay easy fix check the the spares box for a 43mm post mount spacer, nope bugger, okay back to google. Okay they want $35 for a Galfer one, a little more research (googling) and Summit cycles (2 minutes from work) have 43mm spacers for $20, done. Grabbed one after work on Monday and swapped it out in a couple minutes, bingo no more issues.

So after what should’ve been a quick change over, it took well over a week and a couple extra purchases that were not accounted for. At least now I have some nice wheels that were collecting dust in the garage with some really nice rotors that now I’ve bedded in feel good, really good.
Hopefully it’s a good while till my next confession but I doubt it ;)

IMG_8761.jpeg

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
This is going to be long one, TLDR I’m a dickhead, big time.
So after deciding to put my hope hubbed (?) wheels onto my Trance E+ I needed some 6 bolt rotors. Search the internets for some ideas I decided on some Galfer 2.0mm thick rotors, so back to the net for a good deal, Bikesonline have them for $67 each sweet order placed.

Rotors arrive I’m flat out with work so no chance to fit them until last Wednesday night, bolt them up and looking sweet will swap over the tyres Friday. Here comes the first thing, Friday arvo comes along then I read this from @rowdyflat then the penny drops, fark!!!!!! the magnet. Look at my bike it’s a ring behind the centrelock, okay back to Googling okay Melbourne electric bikes have them in stock, so I give them a call Saturday morning yep we have the e-bike rotors and should have the magnet, okay I drive down there grab another rotor with the special hole and a Magura magnet.

Next one - we talk a bit more and he says they have a magnet that attaches via the rotor bolts fark it and can’t be farked doing refunds etc and a spare will come in handy plus I didn’t want to embarrass myself, this was bad enough.

Alright after all the farking around I’m back on track, time to get back home and get these wheels on. Get the rear wheel all sorted I knew going with the 2mm rotor would be a pain but nothing drastic, push the pistons in some fiddling with alignment some sweating and swearing but it’s done. Okay now to the front wheel, few learnings from the rear brake so was was a lot quicker, as they they come in 3’s here’s the next one :rolleyes:
I’m trying to align the calliper but no matter what I do it’s still rubbing, I get out the torch and start looking at what’s going on, nope there’s clearance each side. Now I ordered the same size as what was on the bike 203mm rear and 223mm front, double check the Giant website, 203 rear and 220 front, fark!!!!!!!! Okay easy fix check the the spares box for a 43mm post mount spacer, nope bugger, okay back to google. Okay they want $35 for a Galfer one, a little more research (googling) and Summit cycles (2 minutes from work) have 43mm spacers for $20, done. Grabbed one after work on Monday and swapped it out in a couple minutes, bingo no more issues.

So after what should’ve been a quick change over, it took well over a week and a couple extra purchases that were not accounted for. At least now I have some nice wheels that were collecting dust in the garage with some really nice rotors that now I’ve bedded in feel good, really good.
Hopefully it’s a good while till my next confession but I doubt it ;)

View attachment 407224
I dont think you are trying. No sliced fingers, no lost parts, no ordering cl instead of 6 bolt? Easy fixes? Meh.

Nice!