Electric Vehicles etc

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Still cannot fix the car.
Anyone have suggestions for what I do?
Consumer law does not do much for car purchases.

I'll throw in a complaint next week after I as for a refund.
Even if I get a refund I'll lose heaps on a three year lease. Cunts
I suspect you have found a novel fault (ie it hasn't been seen before), and this definitely counts as a major fault.

The first step is to let them know you will be sending them a letter of claim, and following up with the ACCC and the Office of Fair Trading. At a minimum I would expect a replacement car to the exact same spec.

I'm somewhat surprised they haven't offered you a demonstrator to drive around while they get a fix. You have essentially done them a favour by finding them a novel fault.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Still cannot fix the car.
Anyone have suggestions for what I do?
Consumer law does not do much for car purchases.

I'll throw in a complaint next week after I as for a refund.
Even if I get a refund I'll lose heaps on a three year lease. Cunts
Get Taylor Swift involved seems to be all anyone cares about at the moment

Sorry for the unhelpful suggestion everyone seems to have covered the helpful ones.

Oddjob

I believe it to be a feature of the shitty BMS and the battery type.
Maybe, but if it was the BMS a new unit would have fixed it. I don't pretend to have any special knowledge about the battery tech, but my understanding is that it's some of the best/safest.

If you want shitty BMS and battery tech look up some of the problems with the Kia/Hyundai EVs and all of the recalls for Tesla in the US. It's not unusual for Tesla's made over covid to have had 3+ ecu replacements within a year.

Oddjob

It's also not unusual for them to be very reliable for a lot of miles.
200,000 miles is a lot of miles for a car made during covid. Apparently they did an ECU swap due to chip shortages with a quick and dirty bios update.

This could be related to the full recall inbound related to autopilot. https://apnews.com/article/tesla-au...oring-system-8060508627a34e6af889feca46eb3002 Or it could be the seatbelt, sof close or myriad other recalls in the works.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
love the look of the Renault 5 but why so miserable with the power. Even the most powerful option is slower than my wife's 6 year old nissan leaf! what a shame, hopefully there is a version with more ooopmh in the future.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
love the look of the Renault 5 but why so miserable with the power. Even the most powerful option is slower than my wife's 6 year old nissan leaf! what a shame, hopefully there is a version with more ooopmh in the future.
Hmmm. Also has an ICE layout for its platform - no frunk and all front drive… There’s no real excuse for such poor packaging these days with electric drivetrains!
I think the styling and cabin is pretty damn good, but I fear it’s a no sale for me.
But - 22 thousand euros is not too bad.

Haakon

The return of RWD is one of the best things about electric cars.
It’s also the safety aspect - not having a big solid metal lump in the front lets you design much better crash structures, and this Renault approach of having the motor and inverter in the same position as an ICE means that opportunity is lost.
VW couldn’t be bother packaging things properly to provide storage in the front but least the motor is in the back and the front is crushable.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland

Haakon

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
You must have read the comments ;)

Bathurst 1000 is 7 pit stops minimum, given the right battery pack swap system it's possible.
Nah I didn't read the comments, but I can imagine what they were like.

If the battery is a quick swap (~30-40sec for full refuel currently), then they are in with a chance!

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Nah I didn't read the comments, but I can imagine what they were like.

If the battery is a quick swap (~30-40sec for full refuel currently), then they are in with a chance!
If you build aero in the battery itself and basically have it as a slide in, slide out mechanism, the car simply has to roll over the new battery and push out the old one. Zero pit hands required.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Saw another article but can't find it now saying AWD is having a big surge in electric cars too because it's easy to do and works better than ICE.