Recent content by ando120

1. A

Dream Bike Shop - HELP

Haha wasn't being arrogant or having a go people, just don't want to look down the path of if things are possible or not. I know that you have to look at your market to see if an idea would work but most times its a risk. But all seriousness, i just wanted some ideas and that's it and i...
  2. A

Dream Bike Shop - HELP

Woahh. Hold your horse mister. Whether you're from Tassie or not you should be aware of all the trails that are open or opening up. There is loads. I am in contact with the government at the moment thinking of trails. If the ideas are good enough and i can provide proof, money isn't an object...
  3. A

Dream Bike Shop - HELP

No i didn't man, whats the go there?? Online prices i have in the bag. Done some research.
  4. A

Dream Bike Shop - HELP

Hello fellow Rotorburn-ers. I may OR MAY NOT (you don't know) be thinking of opening a bike shop. Let's presume money isn't in the millions but the bike range is outstanding. What do you want to see in a shop? Thinking outside the square. Answers even like 'a tv and a couch' i don't mind...
  5. A

NSW Sold

Free Bump, This bike is my old one and i sold it in MINT condition, it was sold brand new just about, if this is only 10 rides old and has been hardly ridden, this is an amazing buy for the price. period.
  6. A

Carbon vs Alloy + advice on a new bike (not your normal thread)

Not again.. The Demo cost me an arm and a leg! I think i'll go a Devinci Wilson SL and just stick with everything, or an RC and upgrade a few things.. whichever is cheaper.
  7. A

As an intermediate rider the high spec made me look like a poser, so i went to bottom spec, and now i know what i want.. i want say x9 to x0 shifter, fox 40 float/world cups and rc4/cane creek/vivid You know where i'm coming from!
  8. A

Dh in tassie

Hey mate, i'm from the north west (Ulverstone) and i'm an hour and a half drive from Launnie and 3 hours from hobart. If i were to pick a city, definitely hobart. They have so many riding spots! Up in launceston theres not as many, and yet anywhere else there is basically none..
  9. A

See i've had 2 bikes in 2 years.. but i'm unhappy with the shitty spec on the wilson xp and i was overwhelmed by the top spec on the demo, i need to go more in-between but hmm, i'm unsure!
  10. A

Cheers guys for the comments, i knew i'd bring up some debate on my weight and cornering.. Sorry, but yeah i just corner better on a lower bb frame, that's all i'm trying to say ;) umm, one thing that i'm concerned about is, devinci frames are 400 grams difference in alloy and carbon.. but the...
  11. A

Its not for a discount with the Trek, I'm serious.. they're wicked to deal with.. Yet i'm 65kg and struggle with cornering, i have no weight to put down to get traction so the wilson has been amazing! Obviously the Wilson is cheaper too...
  12. A

Hey rotor burners, I recently bought a 12' Devinci Wilson XP and to be honest i'm sick of the limited adjustment in the forks and shock.. theres also a few other things i hate about spec. I came off a TLD Demo 8 (which is for sale in the for sale section) which is top spec. I don't want my...
  13. A

New Bike for 2014. Opinions needed

If you're still interested in devinci's, look into dunbar cycles.. mega cheap.. either pay RRP and get free postage or buy discounted and add $600 for shipping, still way cheaper than australia. And you're not stuffing australian stores as carbon devincis are scarcely found in australia from...
  14. A

New Bike for 2014. Opinions needed

Well i can easily suggest pin pointing bikes off. I had a thread recently and after test riding a few bikes, the giant glory is like a devinci in feel a little bit, except the devinci is 100 times better, unless you're slow. Stuff like that
  15. A

New DH bike, opinions needed

Haha, i never mentioned price range because i'm either not getting back into downhill or i'm coming back in a blitz. I'd rather go out and buy an all mountain and a downhill bike (good spec) and train cross country and all sorts and race as best i can, than go to races half pissed from the night...