Recent content by anthonyma

1. A

Another Reverb Problem Thread, ?air leak in post release mechanism

Given the fixed amount of space in there if air is getting in then oil is getting out. If a remote bleed fixes the issue (even if only temporarily) then replacing internal seals won't help. You need to work out where the oil is getting out and replace the seals in that area.
  2. A

hanebrink, bombshell, crap or collector

I've got a '99 Monster T hanging up along with some seals, springs of varying weights and half a bushing kit in the parts box (I replaced the bushings in one leg many years ago and the kit does both legs). The stickers have seen much better days and the adhesive that holds them on isn't doing a...
  3. A

What to do with old mountain bikes or parts

I'm after realistic suggestions for what to do with some old mountain bikes and parts that are no longer required. An example of the sort of thing I'm talking about is an 11 year old downhill bike with what was quite a good spec in it's day but quite past it today (geometry, weight, suspension...
  4. A

New XT.

I'm sure they had a technical reason why it changed for 10 speed and cross-compatibility simply wasn't part of the engineering brief. 8 and 9 speed shows that it can be done and therefore it could be done again if the engineers were told that was a priority. The obvious outstanding question, as...
  5. A

New XT.

If designed appropriately it could work in the same way that older 8 and 9 speed were cross-compatible - the 9 speed shifter simply pulled slightly less cable for each shift than the 8 speed but the same amount for the entire range so the same rear derailleur could be used for either. In this...
  6. A

VIC WTB: Fox CTD 8.5 x 2.5 for Specialized Enduro 650b

FYI, the 650b Enduro uses a 8.5 x 2.25 shock. You will probably find that they are the same externally as an 8.5 x 2.5 shock but with an internal spacer to limit the travel. The 26" wheeled Enduro (2014) also used this same shock size but could also use a 2.5" stroke shock resulting in more...
  7. A

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Absolutely - the current system of choosing the highest of a number of measures at a specific point means that over time it will increase by more than any of the individual measures and this is not a desirable outcome. The ideal would be to protect those who are vulnerable and not to "reward"...
  8. A

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

That report does seem to suggest that if an individual's income was indexed to CPI only over that time that their spending power would have been reduced, assuming that their rental costs matched the trend. Of course other things may have got cheaper over that time period which meant this may...
  9. A

Absolutely - those who were employed to run those schemes had a job :dance:
  10. A

On a broad level that is correct, but if there are significant variations between rental costs and purchase costs, or between rent increases in different geographic areas, this can mean that housing costs for an individual increase significantly more than CPI would suggest, and without them...
  11. A

The problem with using CPI as a measure of buying power is that it doesn't accurately reflect the cost of living, in particular housing costs for those that don't own property. An increase in rental costs isn't necessarily reflected in a CPI increase and this can reduce the real buying power for...
  12. A

Spelling tips for Mountain Bikers.

Duel suspension
  13. A

Spelling tips for Mountain Bikers.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this so far: Dampening - The act of making something wet. Damping - A reduction or restriction of oscillation such as the movement of a fork, shock, etc. Dampener - An object that makes something wet. Damper - The component of your fork, shock, etc that...
  14. A

Qr adapters for mavis crossmax st

Checked and they are for the rear wheel - 12mm to QR. Sorry.
  15. A

Qr adapters for mavis crossmax st

I have a set from a Crossmax SX - don't know if they fit but I certainly have no need for them so you'd be welcome to them if they are of useful. Let me know if you would like pics. Edit: Actually, they might be for the rear wheel - unsure. If you're interested and the front ones from the...