Recent content by Antsonline

1. Antsonline

Convict 100 on 3 weeks training

This is exactly why people ride events, find a challenge, and learn to love the sport. I couldn't agree more and know many people - some of whom are EXTREMELY good riders now whose first marathon started with tears, tantrums, and cramps. But they loved it, and were hooked. The next time they...
  2. Antsonline

Convict 100 on 3 weeks training

I think its a bit disappointing that you started this thread with such optimism and now you are thinking of giving the whole race a miss - largely based on feedback by people who have either never done it, or have a nervous disposition about things getting tough. I think more people should be...
  3. Antsonline

Wombat 100 - 13 April 2014 - Official Event Info Page

Ahh - the glass half-empty. What if its good - you only get half the goodness? For what its worth, and I am only one opinion amongst many, it is a very good race and course. Some truly incredible trails and a great event center and vibe....
  4. Antsonline

2014 XCM Series

Its hardly untried and untested. The Angry Doctor was one of the most popular races in the calendar. it was 90% the same. Before slamming CA vs MTBA, bear in mind that I think it is doubtful that if CA hadn't got involved, the series would have run at all. MTBA certainly wouldn't have the...
  5. Antsonline

How come?

Anton Cooper Karen Hanlen Rosara Joseph What is NZ doing differently? That aint money.
  6. Antsonline

2013 #XCM Series

You live in a dream world if you think its up to the CONSUMER / MEMBERSHIP to prove anything to a GOVERNING BODY that is desperate to prove its relevance to is membership, and is slowly sinking without trace. Just the lack of commentary on the matter across all media outlets says enough to the...
  7. Antsonline

2013 UCI World cup

Oh really? Irony and sarcasm - lost on the internet. Thanks for steering me right.
  8. Antsonline

2013 UCI World cup

Look - as dumb as they may be (btw - noone, including Dan saw this coming), and as incredible as Dans ride was - which it was - Absalon had the race won, and done. Sure - he didnt, and Dan did an amazing ride, but Absalon was home, hosed and showered with a few laps to go. You've got to feel for...
  9. Antsonline

Bit of help needed from the Nutrition Guru's :)

I have a mate who does this sort of thing in the UK. He came up with a novel approach....get a big camelbak 'rucksak' but within it, run two smaller bladders, with hoses over different shoulder. I think he runs a big 3L rucksack, and 2x1.5L bladders. In one (lets say this one has the tube...
  10. Antsonline

UCI Ruling - Potentially Significant

This could be a big change for us, or the MTBA could come out early and make a ruling to tell us where they stand. http://www.usacycling.org/clarification-of-uci-rule-12019-and-related-sanctions.htm The key bits are: "No licence holder may participate in an event that has not been...
  11. Antsonline

ACT XTR M970 Shifters

Pm'd you...
  12. Antsonline

QLD Atherton (QLD) to host 2013 National Mountain Bike Marathon Championships

Any word on whether entries for this will open soon?
  13. Antsonline

Convict 100 - Entries Open on Monday (3 Dec)

Interested to know if you have had to do many refunds for people travelling interstate who might have thought it was part of the XCM series, but now that it has been cancelled have decided not to travel? Same for Wombat too? Many NSW riders decided not to make the trip to Vic now?
  14. Antsonline

Otway Odyssey entries open - new course?

There are some sad pricks out there studying results for 'anomalies' in the 50-59yr old female catagory - even sadder if they themselves werent racing that catagory or gender! Maybe more time spent on the bike, and not results reading would make the fast finishing ladies results a bit less of a...
  15. Antsonline

Shimano MTB GP Series 2013 - Fast 4h and Furious 7h racing that rocks!

I broadly agree, but the pinch is double track and not singletrack (which the B-line is) so its also a lost opportunity for faster riders to pass others without elbows etc. As it stands, there is little overtaking in the course now - as its so heavily ST as it is (which is great). If its a...