Recent content by Australia

1. Australia

New bike to return to MTB after a long lay off

I wasn't aware Australia was having these supply issues. If they are anything like England was in the last northern hemisphere summer I guess I will be waiting a long time!
  2. Australia

New bike to return to MTB after a long lay off

Hi all, It has been far too long! (Long story short, I have been living in London and got way too into road bikes due to lack of nearby MTB tracks [and I couldn't justify owning a car in central London just to drive to MTB tracks]). Having now returned to Sydney (in hotel quarantine as we...
  3. Australia

Replacing a frame

Hi all Due to an issue involving crunched carbon, I appear to be in the market for a new frame. After many years of faithful service my 2013 Giant Anthem X Advanced 0 frame may now be unsafe to continue riding https://www.giant-bicycles.com/au/anthem-x-advanced-29er-0-2013 In selecting a new...
  4. Australia

Replacing whole drive train

Hi guys I'm riding a Giant Anthem X Advanced SL0 29er (2013) (example specs: https://www.giant-bicycles.com/au/anthem-x-advanced-29er-0-2013) Unfortunately the drive train is rooted. Chainrings have never been replaced (in spite of multiple 24hr solos and general riding) Rear derailleur...
  5. Australia

Best dropper seat posts

Out of interest, what is the lightest dropper post?
  6. Australia

Chinese Carbon 29er

Could you guys let me know which model you have from each of your providers, and if known, what major brand model characteristics the frame mimics. I note that both Hong-Fu and Flyxii have numerous different models, and the model numbers aren't particularly helpful when it comes to determining...
  7. Australia

Chinese Carbon 29er

Hi guys, I am looking to pick up a carbon hardtail 29'er for XCO and smoother XC Marathon races. At the moment I do my racing on a Giant Anthem Advanced SL0 29er Dually (Large) (Carbon and SRAM XX goodness) I had a great experience riding the Giant XTC 29 Carbon (Large) recently (my...
  8. Australia

Have you done an exchange? Did you get to ride too!?

I did a year 10 (16 years old) term & a gap year (18-19 years old) (working as a swimming instructor in a primary school) in Vancouver, Canada. Awesome place for riding. Culturally indistinguishable from Sydney (which means it is a really comfortable place to live - not really a sense of...
  9. Australia

1x10 without a chainguide

Hey all, Just wondering if anybody is selling a complete solution to converting XX cranks to 1x10? I presume I'm hoping for a NW ring which has some sort of offset to correct the chain line (because XX cranks don't have the removable spider to facilitate what I understand to be called a...
  10. Australia

People's choice award- Troy Brosnan

Every year when this comes up, I vote for a Mountain Biker. There is Troy from DH and Dan from XCO this year. I have done so again this year #MTBpride But frankly if Michael Mathews doesn't win this, somebody ought to investigate it for voter fraud :p Hint Hint, lets get on this MTB...
  11. Australia

World champs 2014

Tragically for Sam [because he is an extremely entertaining rider], Gee is thinking "Yay ... the correct combination of rewarding risks and safer high-percentage line choices got me the win"
  12. Australia

World champs 2014

Gee is the world champion and no amount of 'what-ifs' changes that. Though the speculation is a bit fun, Sam was 3.1 up on Neko (i think) at the last split before he crashed. Did Gee beat Neko by 3.1 or more? (haven't seen a top 10 break down yet cause I'm not on the stream any more). The...
  13. Australia

Official Old Mans Valley MTB Park - Hornsby

Hey guys, Is stage 2 officially open yet? I see alot of people venturing down there, but I will refrain until their is a definite affirmative official answer. -Andrew
  14. Australia

Tour de france fantasy game & tipping

Winner Yellow Jersey: Froome Winner Green Jersey: Sagan Winner White Jersey: Talansky Winner Polka-dot Jersey: Contador Second GC: Contador Third GC: Nibali Fourth GC: Jurgen Van Den Broek Fifth GC: Talansky Second Green Jersey Points Competition: Lantern Rouge: Christian Meier Winner...
  15. Australia

Is anybody using a GPS tracking device for safety's sake when riding

Hi all, I do 90% of my rides solo. Which causes my folks no end of worry - esp in the evening. Obviously I always have a phone with me, but that wouldn't do a lot of good if I ever managed to KO myself or couldn't satisfactorily describe my whereabouts to an ambulance if I broke my leg...