Recent content by Axion

1. A

Carbon bars recommendations

Truvativ Blackbox - jerome clementz 780mm. Awesome Bars
  2. A

All Mountain Tyres

I have been running tubeless Magic Mary front and Nobby nic rear for the last month, last pair of tires were Continental Mountain Kings. The difference is amazing so much more traction and confidence in all conditions this is the best tire combo I have had to date.
  3. A

Mid size SUV recommendations.

Nissan murano are really good value now 2009/2010 you should be able to find for around 20 g's. Reasonably small, good looking with a decent interior and they actually have an engine with some get up and go. They are not diesel but they are not hugely thirsty either.
  4. A

Frankenbike project

Yes definitely more than enough top end for me, i was riding down a slight gradient the other and thought i would see how fast I could go in top gear and I was passing cars albeit a 60k zone but man speed is addictive :)
  5. A

Frankenbike project

Gearing seems not too bad, I have 40/28 front rings. I will ride it for a while and see how I go, it is still a massive step up from my full sus which is running 1x10 and a 32t front ring. With 2.3 contis that bike is a real workout on the road whereas this felt effortless in comparison.
  6. A

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Picked up my new/old Frankenbike from the lbs who had just finished building it for me and rode it home, super stoked with it.
  7. A

Frankenbike project

Well I wanted a bike for tootling around the roads on but i don't like road bikes. I also had a decent XT/XTR gearset from my all mountain rig sitting in my garage and an old raceline 26' hard tail. I thought why not rebuild that bike as a road hybrid and this is what I have ended up with. It...
  8. A

Drive train Options for my AM/Freeride bike

Saint shadow Rd, Saint shifter, 11-36t cassette and 32t e*thirteen dual width chain ring. I switched recently from a 2 10 xt/xtr setup and I reckon this rides a lot better. I may look at an extender ring in the future but I have not run out of gears to date.
  9. A

Post your all mountain bike

BH Lynx 6 First full suspension bike and loving it!!!
  10. A

BH Lynx 6

Here is some pics of my first full suspension bike, I am really enjoying it and its a great all rounder for me. Frame BH Lynx 6 Carbon Medium Saint Shifter Saint RD Saint pedals XT Brakes E-Thirteen ring Truvativ Blackbox Carbon bar Spank Stem Peaty Grips