Recent content by badtreefrog

1. B

Sold Kona XC/BC Riser Bar

Are these still for sale?
  2. B

Moving the post up/down with internal routed dropper posts?

I have an old xfusion one (where the cable attaches under the seat) already that’s just about reached its end of life. I use it all the time on XC trails and for moderate descents, it’s only when I know I’m going down for a long time with really steep sections and no climbs that I slam the...
  3. B

Thanks guys, it’s a hardtail (probably should have mentioned that) with no bottle mounts on the seat tube. That said, it sounds like pulling the cable out through the hole would be a bit of a PIA. Now my dilemma is if the cable routing on the seat clamp (like on the KS Lev) will impact my...
  4. B

I'm looking at getting an internal dropper post but only have a 27.2 DIA seatpost. The 100-120mm travel available on these posts is not really enough for me to go from climbing to super steep descents or jumping where I usually just slam my seatpost all the way down. I reckon I need to put the...
  5. B

The Single Speed Thread

On-One Chain Tugs in Australia - http://www.raceworx.com.au/products/OnOne-Chain-Tug-%28for-Quick-release%29.html They recommended only using one, so I am only using one - less fiddly, especially with the two ratios. Mr626, in theory the dingle speed should handle exactly the same as a...
  6. B

The Single Speed Thread

My new Dingle Speed Hey guys, just posted this in the post my ride thread but as I have referred to it recently here I thought I would throw up a pic. Have not ridden it on the trails yet so cannot comment on the gearing but at the moment the dingle speed setup seems to work well, despite...
  7. B

Finished! On-One Inbred

Parts Stash I have finished compiling the parts stash, painted and serviced my forks and have had the frame chased, faced and reamed (was in two minds about this but when I saw how uneven it all was then I was happy I went ahead with it. Time for the build! After riding my fiance and...
  8. B

Food/Diet Bloating

Fruits, sweet potatoes, quinoa are all good sources of carbs that are less likely to make you bloated. Dried fruits have a higher carb/g ratio and are good on the ride snacks. If you have body fat stores (which everyone does) then you don't actually need to eat that many carbs for energy.
  9. B

VIC SOLD: Shifters, Seatpost, DJ Seat, Chainguides (Free), DJ Frame, Forks, Cassette

Raceline Frame & RST Forks Sold! - Pending Azonic Seat Sold! - Pending Shimano Shifters Sold! Cassette Sold! - Pending Chainguides Adopted! Stem Still Available
  10. B

Finished! On-One Inbred

What's in a name? It is just a name, and a bit of fun. This thread hardly warrants any sort of philosophical or psychometric analysis. I have always named my bikes, cars, pets and children - it is what I do. The bikes name will probably come in time and from myself but really who cares where it...
  11. B

Finished! On-One Inbred

Updated Spec list, name to be confirmed Hey fellas, thanks for the names so far - not set on anything yet but food for thought. The parts have been trickling in and I have painted my forks to match the green/black colour scheme. I made use of the information in this thread which was invaluable...
  12. B

How to Paint Frames (Plow Style)

Thank you Mr Plow!!! I have just painted my fork lowers in Satin Black (and pedals too, because they were the wrong colour...). Went the wet on wet route, waited for the perfect day (yesterday), prepped with 600 grit and steel wool, washed with Prepwash (Autobarn) Wax and Grease Remover...
  13. B

The Single Speed Thread

I picked up my Inbred Frame from raceworx a few of weeks ago (I like green) and currently acquiring parts for / selling stuff to fund the build. Are you going to prep (face and chase) the frame at all, I know this is a split camp topic but I guess it can't hurt. I am so close to beginning...
  14. B

VIC SOLD: Shifters, Seatpost, DJ Seat, Chainguides (Free), DJ Frame, Forks, Cassette

Will post Australia wide at buyers expense. Any questions PM or Post. Item: Shimano Deore SL-M590 Rapidfire Shifter Set - Black Location: Mont Albert, Melbourne Item Condition: Brand New Reason for selling: Bought for a build which turned out to be single speed Price: $45 SOLD Extra...