Recent content by batesy

1. B

VIC Free frame and forks (sold / taken)

still got this frame mate?
  2. B

VIC Manitou 4 forks

Manitou 4 or similar melb, vic up to $200 depending on condition needed for my DBR vertex build up... cheers Batesy
  3. B

Handlebar Height/ rise questions

Far out you boys like ya bars wide eh.... I run some risers on my khs soft tail 26er at 600mm wide my 29er are 720mm wide and that feels like a bus
  4. B

Victorian mtb race calander...

Cheers for all the info, bracken-berry sounds interesting I'll check it out for sure, and I'll give a few enduros a crack, just miss the old hardcore xc races
  5. B

Yeah i was aware that was the last for the interwinter series, im based in whittlesea, north of melb. I think ill have a go at a couple of the enduro events i think there is one in bendigo this month... what club are you with?
  6. B

Gday, Just did a xc race on sunday at avoca, and am keen to get into a few more but finding it hard to find a calander or anything? This race was a standard xc race with set laps, im guessing the norm is now more enduro type events? 3-6 hours etc.... also do the fat tyre flyers still exist...
  7. B

6hr team events..

Sounds like a plan as well mate... Keep the enthusiasm going and push the pace
  8. B

6hr team events..

Cool thanks mate, I'll prolly be the quickest in our group so I'll head out first I'd say, expecting some decent hills so should be fun...
  9. B

6hr team events..

Sweet thanks for the input mate
  10. B

6hr team events..

Ok cool thanks guys so as long as three are racing, doing lap by lap seems the go... looking forward to the challange.. i actually thought about doing it solo... maybe next year
  11. B

6hr team events..

guys... thinking about entering the bright 6hr in sept with a couple of mates, just wondering how they work it with splitting up the 6 hours? does person 1 do 2 hrs then person 2 then person 3? or do you do 1 lap then swap? any info appreciated as I haven't raced since the early 2000s so I'm a...
  12. B

Missing rider

Bloody hell it sucks, very sad. Heart goes out to his family and friends
  13. B

Missing rider

Hmm not sure, I work in kinglake and the choppers were still going round bout 15 mins ago
  14. B

Hello! Welcome! Who are you?

How old are you? 30 What state do you live? VIC How long have you been riding? on and off for last 16 years, racing up until i was 18 (xc) Whats styles of riding do you do? xc fire trails single track what ever i can find? How often do you ride? 3-4 times a week Tell us about your...
  15. B

Simpson Desert Bike Challenge thread.

as above, respect mate, awesome write up george, would love to do it one day, looks like an unreal challenge... cheers