Recent content by blurred

1. B

Santa Cruz.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the OEM XO1 cranks are alloy, they're still their top of the range crank, just not carbon :)
  2. B

m820 saint or ZEE lever to m810 saint caliper

I've heard a lot about these apparent probs with the m820 saint gear, and I can't work out what they're going on about. I've got zee brakes on my dh rig and the only probs I've had were after a year on the bike, including a month at whistler, without a bleed. Had trouble getting the pistons in...
  3. B

'14 GT Force X Pro

I'm sure there are technical differences, but yeah, they are really just for the wank factor.
  4. B

'14 GT Force X Pro

Really lucky to have an awesome LBS that is really easy to deal with. The wheels were the only add on cost to the bike, but they worked out at around 1200 fully built, which isn't too bad for carbon hoops! Pilfered drivetrain and brakes from my previous ride...
  5. B

'14 GT Force X Pro

Nah, complete bikes only, and there's barely any room around the float x, so I seriously doubt you could, don't think it needs it anyway.
  6. B

'14 GT Force X Pro

Just went up to Davies Creek, nice and dry up there and a good spot to get used to the bike. Snappier than the local oversized lizards ;) Yeah, the weight was a bit more than expected, then wheelset came out at 1.79kg, but they don't feel heavy, and neither does the bike.
  7. B

'14 GT Force X Pro

After waiting for a few weeks for parts to turn up, she's finally finished, and already dirty ;) Frame: 2014 Force X Pro Large Shock: Fox Float X CTD Adjust Fork: Fox 34 Float 160 CTD Cranks: Sram XX1 w/ ceramic GXP bottom bracket & 34t chainring Derailleur: XX1 Shifter: XX1 Cassette...
  8. B

Santa Cruz.

Nice build, I was checkin it out in the shop. You'll never go back from 11sp either ;)
  9. B

AM 2014 GT Force X Pro

Just bought a pro myself, it's getting a few pilfered parts from my blur ltc and a custom wheelset ;) pics soon. With the top guide possibly not fitting a 32t, just get a narrow/wide ring and ditch the guide all together, makes it look even cleaner and you still won't drop a chain. The clutch...
  10. B

Light Bicycle Carbon Rims/Wheels (Review Included on 1st Post))

I have a set of the hookless 650b rims turning up soon, and I was going to build them with CX-RAYs, then I got a price, $8 EACH!!! That's around $500 just for spokes!!! So that idea went out the window real bloody quick. Just going to use DT comp double butted spokes now with alloy nipples laced...
  11. B

Post your all mountain bike

That can neither be confirmed or denied. The axle path is actually near on vertical, so I dare say there will be a noticeable amount of anti-squat like they have noticed in the 130mm sensor. The moving bb is only to counteract the chain growth that a high pivot creates.
  12. B

Post your all mountain bike

just a little sneak peak ;)
  13. B

Which Helmet? Fox Flux or Bell Super?

Got a Flux atm, love it but looking to do some of the national enduro rounds, so have a bell coming as the flux was purchased from crc and therefore isn't aus standards approved. The bell has way more coverage so if your doing anything more than xc, get it. And don't EVER wear goggles with an...
  14. B

TUBELESS TYRE MEGATHREAD - All questions asked and answered in here!!

If your getting a couple of weeks at the same pressure then your doin well! I normally check them at least every second ride, but maybe I'm just bein pedantic.
  15. B

TUBELESS TYRE MEGATHREAD - All questions asked and answered in here!!

Does the tyre hold pressure for long without sealant? I'm running DT Swiss EX500 rims (23mm internal) with a Dampf/Highroller combo, both in 2.35. Just changed the HR and there was still about a cup of sealant left after a year. Mate of mine is running maxxis on the wtb i23's and hasn't had a...