Recent content by Bryce88

1. Bryce88

Flat pedal shoes size 43/US 9.5

Item: Flat pedal shoes. Size 43 or US 9.5 New, newish or atleast good condition with lots of tread left. Location: Orange NSW Price range/Willing to Pay: Trying not sound cheap, but the lower the better. Maybe up to $80. Extra Info: I have a pair of used DHB M1.0 44s and two pairs of pedals...
  2. Bryce88

$4000 car. Rav4 or similar

I've got a Nissan Xtrail (T31 model I think). It's pretty versatile. It fits families, dogs, bikes etc in it most days of the week. I'm very bias in my opinion, but I do think they are a great car. Heaps of room and storage.
  3. Bryce88

what is the riding like in the Katoomba area?

I much prefer single track however am keen just to do some fire trails as I can't afford to hurt myself or get lost during my time there. Long story short, I will be on a Uni nursing placement and if I injure myself and cant work I will fail which will add another 12 months to my degree...
  4. Bryce88

Haha yeah I'll do my best mate
  5. Bryce88

Cool, we might be able to catch up. My 5 weeks worth of work are at Katoomba emergency haha. Thanks for the info though. Unfortunately I wont be around on weekends as I will be travelling home to see the family.
  6. Bryce88

Grave dig. I have 5 weeks worth of work coming up at Katoomba. Some days I'll be on afternoon shifts which means I won't be starting until 2pm, so I'm keen to throw the bike in and go for some morning rides. Any good rides close to Katoomba that I could knock over in a couple hours? So far I...
  7. Bryce88

Bushwalking in the Blue Mountains

I'm skipping leg day today in preparation for steps haha. Yeah I kinda figured the tracks might be busy. But it's rare to have a day off without kids to do this kinda thing. I am leaning towards the Grand Canyon Walk. It's graded a bit easier and about 20mins closer to drive which gives us more...
  8. Bryce88

Bushwalking in the Blue Mountains

Hi all, My partner and I are looking to do some bushwalking tomorrow (Anzac Day) in the Blue Mountains. We are both pretty fit and looking to do a 2-3 hour hike. I have kind of narrowed my search down to 2 tracks which are the Grand Canyon Walk (4.5km) and National Pass (6km). Both take...
  9. Bryce88

Snakes

In my 15 odd years of mountain bike riding I've never witnessed a snake on the tracks. In my last two rides I've come across 3 snakes! What the hell? All of which were smack bang in the middle of the track. Two of said snakes were wrapped around each other in some weird fight to the death/...
  10. Bryce88

Who rides in storms?

Yep, in the end I went for a ride and the storm didn't even happen. Glad I took the chance
  11. Bryce88

Who rides in storms?

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are of riding in storms? Is it a no no? Yes, I have rode in storms before but only by accident when the weather has caught me out. But right now I'm looking outside and it's sprinkling with rain, there is the sound of thunder off in the distance and it has...
  12. Bryce88

The gaming thread

I bought RDR2 before christmas but I seem to have given up on it at Chapter 3. It's a great game, amazing graphics, cut scenes, fight scenes etc but I just didn't get hooked. Instead I am playing Fallout 4 for the second time....Ad Victoriam.
  13. Bryce88

The gaming thread

This is a good tip. I just played 2 hours worth to finish the first chapter. I don't want to go through all that again and I created a save point so I could skip it at a later stage.
  14. Bryce88

Wireless ear buds for mtbiking

I use these... https://www.jbhifi.com.au/plantronics/plantronics-backbeat-fit-wireless-sport-headphones-blue/318327/ They are my gym headphones but I think they would be perfect for mountain biking as they are designed to allow you to still hear your surroundings. Good battery life and quick to...
  15. Bryce88

The gaming thread

For people that own an Xbox, are you subsribed to Game pass? For $10 a month it kinda looks worth it, especially seeing there are a lot of games on there that I'd love to try. Or is it just worth buying the game instead and that way I've got it forever? I kinda feel like Game pass acts as a...