Recent content by buzzsaw

1. B

Any current or former Posties around these parts?

I had a go at it while in between jobs a few years ago. You can see vacancies available on the Aus Post site and can apply with all your details online. Usually they go for a recruitment drive a few times a year. Can be pretty hectic to start because of time limits to deliver stuff. Training is...
  2. B

Drug kid in Bali.....

Agree with the parents need a kick in the arse. Some parents let their kids take too many liberties. Most intelligent people who travel also know certain countries treat druggies - users or suppliers with the harshest penalties. Never go near the crap in a foreign country unless you want to...
  3. B

What happens to old DH/FR bikes?

I have a 1999 Kona Stab Dee-Lux with the curved downtube with 2004 Monster forks and a 2001 Stinky with 2003 Super T's that I still regularly use each week. They weigh a ton but are pretty solid. Lucky I live close to some local rough tracks and have loads of fun with them.
  4. B

Commuters rant

Didn't fancy T-boning a wall of "suits." Suppose I'm weary of of the days of flocks of sheep crossing the road in NZ!!!!!
  5. B

Commuters rant

I use to live in sleepy town in New Zealand and had more accidents with car drivers on the bike with goomless drivers there than I did commuting through Sydney city. Biggest problem with the yokels were not giving way, no idea of speed, no idea of road rules and deliberately peeve you off as an...
  6. B

My old Big Hit refurbished.

There's a pair of Super Monster T's on Ebay currently so far for six hunggy. I've managed to bag some "smaller" Monster T's for my curvy framed old school Kona Stab earlier this year. Overbuilt, weigh a ton but loads of fun!!!
  7. B

DH Old School Kona DHer

it was the look in the nineties.....Honest!!!!!! LOL
  8. B

DH Old School Kona DHer

Managed to pick up an old school Kona Stab Dee-Lux frame on Ebay. Think it was a 1999 model and recently finished building it up with secondhand parts and costs a snip compared to when it was new. I remember back when they first came out and so wanted one but was in poor street back then. Rides...
  9. B

Newbie from Turramurra

Hi everyone just want to introduce myself. Been into bikes ever since I was a sprogg (many many many years ago now) started with a sturmy archer rust bucket and a hand me down chopper bike, bmx, road racing, touring bikes around parts of the world and got into mountain bikes when they first came...