Recent content by cam-o

1. cam-o

Falcon XR6

I've owned 5 falcons (EB, XH,AU, AUII, BA) and 2 Territorys so can probably comment..... Running costs - they are cheap. Yes they can chew juice but 12l/100 vs say 8-9 that a 2nd hand hatch will make SFA difference if it's the 2nd car and doing 10k per annum. (You're a beancounter, you can work...
  2. cam-o

Little Things You Hate

At least with fuel there is some semblance of competition. I hate the water company way more. I can't change when they gouge me, and they do. "use less" they cried, so we dutifully put in tanks, changed the garden etc etc. Lo and behold a year later - "people are using less water so we...
  3. cam-o

Little Things You Hate

I was in a meeting once and a dude at work turned his head - in profile he looked just like Squidward from Spongebob. So hard not to crack up!
  4. cam-o

Capital Punishment 2012

Times are up! http://public.tiktok.biz/list/capitalpunishment/2012/100km/
  5. cam-o

Little Things You Love

Working from home occasionally. If you've gotta do crappy paperwork/admin stuff, you may as well do it in your trakky daks with some old school Pearl Jam cranking. Another LTIL - having a song pop into my head and 15 seconds later being able to play it - love ya work youtube.
  6. cam-o

Manitou Dorados 2003/04's ?

I have some older boxxers (I'm guessing 2002-3ish but can find out) with a Mojo Boxxcart in them. mojo stickered up.
  7. cam-o

Capital Punishment 2012

Nah, go the old school road pro trick - newspaper down the jersey
  8. cam-o

Technical uphill

Heartbreaker. We rode it last week, my mate managed to stack at about 4km/h. It was pretty funny.
  9. cam-o

2012 mavic cross max or crankbros iodine

I've run Cobalts for about 2 yrs and have thrashed them pretty hard. They have got rim dings in the rear but still hold a bead perfectly and refuse to go out of true. I'd buy them again.
  10. cam-o

Little Things You Love

Lyrebirds are cool, we were hiking in the bush behind Braidwood and kept hearing chainsaws. It was wierd as it is a declared wilderness area until we realised it was the lyrebirds. They must have heard them when NPWS were putting in some of the bridges. One of them did a train too, that was...
  11. cam-o

Where should I live? I.E. What is the best place for Mtn Biking?

True that - Strommers as a slopestyle snowboard park every winter - drooooooool!
  12. cam-o

How do you choose a new bike?

The interesting thing most people don't seem to think about when they talk 26 Vs 29 is that 29ers differ from bike to bike too. There seems to be this generic "I'm a 26 guy or a 29 guy" thinking where if you ride 26 then all 29ers feel the same - they don't! I normally ride a DW linked 26 and...
  13. cam-o

Where should I live? I.E. What is the best place for Mtn Biking?

Particularly given the OP is a canuck, the occasional -5 morning we have might mean they dig out a set of arm warmers :playful: Seriously - riding here in Winter is fine. Early morning roadie stuff needs layering up but during the day it's still 5+ degrees and you warm up fast.
  14. cam-o

Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbonium Goodness :)

That's a stunner! Flat bars on a bike like that look a little odd to me, but that's just personal preference. Nice build pic montage too.
  15. cam-o

Little Things You Hate

Having a snacky moment and discovering a left over easter egg in the cupboard. "Bonus!" says I and take a bite. Turkish Delight flavoured egg - eeeeeewwww!. That's just wrong!