Recent content by darrenjm1

1. D

Specialized P.26 AM

Has anyone ridden/own a P.26 AM? Keen to hear your thoughts about the bike. Im thinking of getting one and can't find reviews about the 2015 model. Thanks!
  2. D

NSW Hornsby Trails going ahead *Press Release*

Well Done! I grew up in Adelaide where I was spoilt with the quality of trails. After riding in Sydney for a few years I had lost a lot of motivation to ride my Mountainbike. After the first 5 minutes of riding OMV I had that excitment of riding exceptional well thought out trails again. OMV...
  3. D

Capital Punishment Entry 100km For Sale

Unable to do the race due to my muppet of a friend getting married on the day of the race!!! $130 plus you have to pay a $10 admin fee on the aroc website when you register. PM me or text 0412 466 015. May not have phone coverage over the next day or so but first in first serve. Thanks...
  4. D

Capital Punishment 2012

didn't experience the mud bath in 2010 but had a great time this year at CP. Will be interesting to see if it sells out quickly given the success this year. Got my ticket for the 100!
  5. D

Can I chrome plate my frame?

Thanks to all that replied to this thread. I'm going to have a look at polishing my frame. I'll post up pics when I'm done. Thanks again!
  6. D

Can I chrome plate my frame?

Just wanted to know if anyone here has had a frame chrome plated?? I have an old frame made of 6061 aluminium and want to build it up into a single speed commuter and would love to get it chrome plated. I've read that chrome plating weakens the material being plated but I would like to get...
  7. D

Powerlink Issues...

I used to have powerlink issues until a mechanic at CP this year showed me a simple yet effective technique to snap on the link and get it working like it was just another link in the chain - which it is. First, you need an really clean chain which can be an issue if you out on the trails when...
  8. D

If you won the lottery........

I'd get this and/or this
  9. D

Fizik Gobi, I love it but...

Thanks for the picture Comic Book Guy, that is the exact issue I'm having! I ride a dually (cube stereo).
  10. D

Fizik Gobi, I love it but...

Hi, I've been using a Fizik Gobi saddle for a couple of years now and love it. However, I've now snapped two seats through the hard plastic that covers the bottom of the saddle in the same place (about half way along the seat). I weigh 78kg so don't think my weight is a problem. I've mounted...
  11. D

What derailleur do I need?

Short cages are used on freeride/downhill bikes, provides more clearance so less chance of hitting something and ripping your derailleur off or bending. Downside is you have to use a shorter chain so you cant run as many gears as a long cage. Not really an issue with downhill though as you don't...
  12. D

Dirtworks 100km for sale *SOLD*

Dirtworks 100km for sale $130 + transfer. PM me. Thanks!
  13. D

Roadtrip from Sunny coast QLD to Grampians Vic. Mountain biking/Rock Climbing

Check out these places for riding around sydney - Ourimba, Awaba, Manly Dam, Appin and Kentlyn. Yellowmundee is good and it's at the foot of the blue mountains if your on your way up there. For Climbing in the mountains - Dam Cliffs grades from 15 to mid 20's with a mixture of sport routes...
  14. D

New Saddle

I've got both the Gobi and Selle Italia sl xc saddle's and find they are both really good. I use only xc shorts with no padding with the Gobi, have worn padded shorts and I get a really sore arse. Not sure if anyone else has had issues with the Gobi snaping across the middle of the hard plastic...
  15. D

Capital Punishment 2011

I like it how you have to climb Stromlo at the end. For 85km the final climb up stromlo is lingering in the back of your mind and it's a great feeling when you get to the top. Perfect end to a race I say!! If it were easy, we wouldn't do it.