Recent content by dej

1. D

What Bike Do You Regret Selling?

A 2009 yeti asr hurt my back in 2011 (couldnt walk for a couple weeks and had a couple months off the bike). found when i got back on the trails i could only last about 30 mins before the back would start to go again. So i sold it off for like $1500 or something which seems to be less than what...
  2. D

What are you listening to NOW?

discovering bands/music which i've kinda been searching for for many years and didnt know existed until the past few weeks (thanks to youtube/google music) egypt and elder have been on high rotation:
  3. D

That time you'd accepted you were dead...

Not buller but bawbaw. Had the brakes on for the first couple km's and decided on a straight bit to release brakes. It felt like the bike went out from under me as it went up to 90kph. Not long after, i entered a long right hander at about 70kph and realised I wasnt going to make the bend. Put...
  4. D

Star Wars, The Last Jedi

Don't forget lens flare!
  5. D

Electric Guitar

I've been playing for a while and i still have trouble with learning a lot of songs. For some, they come easily and others i just dont get.. For pretty much all of them, i do find that i'll spend a bit of time working on it, then take a break for a few days and come back to it and find I've...
  6. D

That gay marriage thing........

beinenstich is one of the many leavened cakes:) they're pretty great too, pastry cream, almonds and honey..great for a fat guy like me sorry for the thread hijack, carry on:)
  7. D

Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

Where is NK getting all the raw materials/tech to build these weapons, or where to they buy them from? why not go after the suppliers?
  8. D

That gay marriage thing........

I wish they'd just f'n get on with it, no stupid postal votes, debates and whatever.. If i took this long to make a fucking decision at work, i'd have been fired ages ago. Makes me angry my tax is paying these mongs. Ps, I'm all for it and agree that there's a shit load of more important...
  9. D

Electric Guitar

few months ago bought a Seagul S6 acoustic. First acoustic i've ever owned in my ~28 years of playing:) I mate has an S6 cedar cutaway which i tried to buy off him years ago but he wouldnt sell:( They're a nice and easy guitar to play. Got mine second hand from acoustic centre in melb. My...
  10. D

Rums

Have a bottle of substation 41 at the moment, it's not too bad & worth checking out if you havent tried it
  11. D

The last movie you've last watched last

I thought it was a bit more enjoyable, perhaps because i knew the characters from the first one? Well worth seeing IMO
  12. D

Home ownership

Wife and i bought 2.5 years ago in melb (12km east of cbd), we are in our early 40's now and it was our first place. I still question whether it would have been better to just keep renting which we had done for the previous 12-13 years. The last place we lived/rented, was 1km up the road, was...
  13. D

The last movie you've last watched last

Saw nocturnal animals the other day, it's interesting (wife didnt like it however) opening scene is a bit off putting to put it mildly:) Also saw arrival last week, pretty enjoyable!
  14. D

Little Things You Love

Yeah i got a decent payout from the redundancy but also have a decent size mortgage:( I'm hoping to buy/build up a single speed mtb in the new year just for rolling around the local trails