The last movie you've last watched last

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
I'd be surprised if there weren't more service providers with cinema deals.
Telstra has
$12.50 standard, $15.50 3D and $16.50 Vmax tickets only available online for Event Cinemas, Greater Union, Birch Carroll & Coyle, Village Cinemas and Moonlight Cinemas in Australia
Reading has $10 tickets. Ace/Grand cinemas (Movie Masters) in WA do membership cards with $11 (IIRC) tickets, others will probably have similar programs.

To christen my "new" setup I watched a blu ray of Bladerunner that I forgot I had and have never watched (still wrapped in plastic)

No kids in the house, a man could get used to this.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Cheating here because these are the last movies I've watched. I've just stared a Blu-ray Collection so I've seen a few films recently.
Most recent Blu-ray viewings
  • Argo - Quite good, nice amount of tension throughout.
  • Scott Pilgrim vs The World - uh, yeah… whoa! It was certainly an experience. I loved the crazy over the top style.
  • JAWS - A nice example of good classic film making. You can tell that the shark's foam in a couple of places though.
  • The Italian Job - Good Friday Night popcorn flick, nothing quite like a classic heist film.
I think Fury Road might be up next, I'm holding off on the Scorsese and some of the other classics because I'll probably watch them with a mate.

I also saw Hidden Figures with the family tonight, quite enjoyable.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
It was cutting edge special effects when it came out. That was about 40 years ago.
The damn shark that never quite worked… Maybe for the better,
Steven Spielberg said:
Then, when my mechanical shark was being repaired and I had to shoot something, I had to make the water scary. I relied on the audience's imagination, aided by where I put the camera. Today, it would be a digital shark. It would cost a hell of a lot more, but never break down. As a result, I probably would have used it four times as much, which would have made the film four times less scary. Jaws is scary because of what you don't see, not because of what you do.
And the water certainly was scary, I jumped in a few places.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Accountant and second Jack Reacher

Both a bit of action, but accountant takes the win easily with a solid 7.5-8/10

scblack

Leucocholic
The Accountant and second Jack Reacher

Both a bit of action, but accountant takes the win easily with a solid 7.5-8/10
I watched The Accountant on the weekend. What a surprisingly good movie. Great action and nice storyline too. Very well recommended.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I watched The Accountant on the weekend. What a surprisingly good movie. Great action and nice storyline too. Very well recommended.
Biased much?

Quite enjoyed the first reacher movie, having never read the books. Just read book 1-12 over the last couple of months, then watched both movies back to back.....what absolute shite. What genius thought casting a manic dwarf as a 6' 5" 115kg man mountain, was a smart choice?

If they renamed the movies Evan Thomas, they be quite good, but as a Reacher adaption, they make zero sense...

Shirley Aaron Eckhart, Joe Mangenello, Liev Schreiber, Hugh Jackman, he'll even Jim Cavezel with a bit of gym time would have been much betterer and much more watchable than the hysterical toad.

#knuckleswasadrunkenchunt

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Quite enjoyed the first reacher movie, having never read the books. Just read book 1-12 over the last couple of months, then watched both movies back to back.....what absolute shite. What genius thought casting a manic dwarf as a 6' 5" 115kg man mountain, was a smart choice?
I know, what a disaster. Love the books, read them all.

Saw the trailers for the movies, and won't go near them.

scblack

Leucocholic
Biased much?

#knuckleswasadrunkenchunt
Possibly. But you may be surprised - some of the paper clip battles we have in the office here are very reminiscent of the final scenes at the bosses home. Just watch yourself if you ever enter my domain....

Minlak

custom titis
Biased much?

Maybe this??

Jack Reacher.JPG

Jack Reacher 2.JPG

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
He'd negotiate a producer credit on any film he does these days. Clearly a studio he's involved with have bid for the rights to the series, and his buddies have installed him in the lead role. And sadly he does command a bit of box office.

But if you read the books, it is one of the most absurd casting decisions you could imagine.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Went to the cinema for the first time in agesssssssssss and saw Trainspotting 2.

It was so good. Not so much for the story, but seeing the characters again and just the way it was all put together.

dej

Likes Bikes
Saw nocturnal animals the other day, it's interesting (wife didnt like it however)
opening scene is a bit off putting to put it mildly:)
Also saw arrival last week, pretty enjoyable!

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Wife had a few stubs of movies that were almost expiring, movie night 3 nights in a row.

1. Lion. Good.
2. 50 Shades. No comment.
3. Moonlight. Shit.

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Hacksaw Ridge.

Hated it. They replaced cinematic skill and suspense with gratuitous violence. I only kept watching because it got great reviews so I thought it would have a spectacular ending. Very disappointed.

golden path

Banned
Transformers - Dark of the Moon was on telly last night.

Mainly watched out of boredom, and to drool over Rosie Huntington-Whitely.