Recent content by Dirt Devil

1. D

TAS SOLD

I work in a shop and we often get new bikes every year. I got the 2019 version of the Reign Advanced 1.
  2. D

TAS SOLD

Item: 2018 Giant Reign Advanced 1 size large Location: Hobart Item Condition: Very good Reason for selling: New bike Price and price conditions: $4300 plus postage Extra Info: Parts all stock except for a Push ACS3 coil conversion in the Fox 36 fork, and a Maxxis Minion DHF front tyre. Only...
  3. D

WTB - medium Ti spring for 2010+ Marzocchi 888 Evo RC3 Ti

Item: Wanted to buy a 2010+ Ti spring in medium for a 888 RC3 Evo Ti fork Location: Tas but will pay to ship or swap for soft Ti spring or heavy steel spring I have. Let me know if you've seen anything.
  4. D

Hubs??

If the choice is between Hope or King, I'd stick with the Hope. Anyone tried the Onyx sprag clutch hubs that Zelvy are selling in some of their wheels? I must be getting old but the idea of a silent rear hub is very appealing, even with the extra weight.
  5. D

Stem Length?

I don't think short stems are Kool Aid although I am a big fan of bikes with longer top tubes and shorter stems. Stem length changes bike fit and bike handling and cornering is about getting the right amount of weight on both wheels, not just the front. Too much over the front is scary as hell...
  6. D

TAS Sold

Photos up now.
  7. D

TAS Sold

I'll get some photos up on Sunday. I'm not going to split the bike up for parts.
  8. D

TAS Sold

Item: Yeti SB66 carbon, large frame. Location: Hobart, Tasmania Item Condition: Very good, some parts are near new Reason for selling: Car engine rebuild getting out of hand Price and price conditions: $3,900 plus postage Extra Info: Specs below Pictures: Below Frame - 2012 Yeti SB66 carbon in...
  9. D

shimano 11 speed

I'm using 3x XTR cranks with a Race Face narrow wide ring in the middle position. RF say their NW rings are fine for 11 speed.
  10. D

shimano 11 speed

I got everything I needed from Shimano Australia but I'm using older 3x XTR cranks with a RaceFace narrow wide ring. All I bought was the new cassette, chain, shifter and rear derailleur. I've only had one ride on it so far but it seems to work fine.
  11. D

shimano 11 speed

I got 1x11 XTR fitted to my bike today but no rides on it yet. Hopefully get out this weekend for a few jumps and skids.
  12. D

29/650b section in complete bikes for sale

I forgot I posted in here but I was thinking that the wheel size section just makes things more confusing. Perhaps I'm missing something but I reckon remove it.
  13. D

Numb nuts

Numb nuts was driving me crazy too. The thought of doing soft tissue damage made me want to stand up on every climb. I tried out a few Selle SMP saddles recently and really liked how comfortable they were during the ride, and no more gooch pain after a long ride. I ended up buying the Drakon...
  14. D

Giant Trance advanced 1

I like how simple and quiet 1x is but I can see how it isn't for everyone. It depends on the trails you're riding, how fit you are, the length of your rides etc.