Recent content by haritone

1. H

Frame protection: Invisiframe or Frameskin?

If it's an XL Branson, I may just have a frameskin laying about..
  2. H

Frame Protection

Honestly, I don't rate Frameskin at all. The customer service is outright poor - emails are flatly ignored. I ended up getting one for my Yeti from an online store in NZ and found that the panels did not fit nicely either. I've sinced used a motorbike skin from Supercheap Auto that does the...
  3. H

Save $3500 off a brand new S-Works Specialized Enduro

You might want to check your LBS because mine has the Camber Expert 650b discounted to 6499..
  4. H

Someone recommend me a 29er SS

I suppose you want me to give up skinny jeans and overpriced coffee too?
  5. H

I can appreciate that the SS sounds an odd choice for mixing commuting and MTB, although the trails I'd take this thing on would be more on the tame side (think Pioneer Women's for those in SA, or the blue trails at the Camel Farm in WA). If I want to get rowdy then that's what I have the SB66...
  6. H

Thanks for the suggestions but I'm trying not to break the bank on this one. . The Kona has an RRP of 1499 and the Surly I believe a smidgen over that. I realise that limits my choices greatly but I already have a couple of fun bikes that I've built to my liking.
  7. H

Fellow 'burners I have looking for a new ride that I can get some commuter miles on but also take to the trails for a bit of fun should the occasion arise. For some reason I've got it in my head that a single speed 29er would fit the build and I like the look of the Surly Karate Monkey SS and...
  8. H

Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

Fairly certain you've been allowed to ride all those trails for quite some time now (PWT, Chambers etc)
  9. H

Can't decide new rig yeti or lapierre

I'd say your choice will more likely come down to what bike you can get since neither are available new. Both bikes received rave reviews on their release, and whilst I haven't rode a Zesty my friend has one and loves it. I have the SB66A and absolutely love it also. Don't think you can go...
  10. H

Sovereign / 66

Not as trick as a lot of the bikes in the PYR section, but both are incredibly fun to ride and never left me wishing for anything more (except for skills and stamina)! Frame - 2013 Yeti SB66A Rear shock - Fox Float Factory CTD Kashima Coat Front shock/fork - Rock Shox Pike RCT3 SoloAir...
  11. H

Head tube facer

I don't see that there would be a problem using the XXL facing tool with a smaller pilot as the ID would be the same and the pilot (or reamer) doesn't fit into any recess on the facing tool. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Surely your LBS can help you out rather than spending $700+ on a...
  12. H

Tekin

That's very timely.. I've been looking for someone to service my XMM 140s! Let us know when you are up and running
  13. H

RS Pikes on sale

Please excuse if this is not allowed, but received an email today from T7 on new 48hr deals and there is a pretty good discount on selected Pike RCT3 models. All going for $699. May be useful to some of you. http://www.torpedo7.com.au/division/outdoor/picklist/29072015_5
  14. H

Contacting frameskin.com.au

I gave up on trying to get a response out of Alan several months back. You'd almost think he doesn't want the business. I ended up buying one from NZ
  15. H

Easton wheelsets?

I have the first iteration of the Easton Havens which I bought from Germany around 4 years ago. In that time I have not had a single issue with them but am aware that subsequent models with M1 bearings had problems with unscrewing of the preload adjuster. Easton gave out free bearing...