Recent content by horsey

1. H

Old Skool Aussies MTB Videos

Hi Guys, Just reminiscing about some of the great aussie mountain bike videos from back in the day and trying to find them on the internet. Was able to find movies like the mud cows series on youtube, but some things just can't find any evidence of their existence. Does anyone know where...
  2. H

New carbon rims from Ibis - up to 41mm external width

Update... The rear rim cracked around the valve hole, I will admit I gave this wheel some solid abuse, but the crack is clearly a manufacturing defect as the the crack is right along where the rim is joined. Wait till next years model ;)
  3. H

Mega avalanche

For French mountain bike events you generally require one of the following; - UCI international licence - Doctor Certificate - Accident insurance that covers extreme sports The Mega Avalanche organization actually offers insurance with 'Multisport Assur'. Good luck! It's an awesome event!
  4. H

An update to this review... After 4 weeks the rims have held up to some proper hard core enduro riding in the Swiss/Frenchi alps. Unfortunately though the freehub died, and to be honest from what looks to be just poor quality. So Rims = Great! Hubs = shit! I think I am gonna get the...
  5. H

Haven't been able to test a lot of different tyres. The magic mary simply did not work, HR2 I was advised in advance is also too square. I have been riding with a 2.3 Minion DHF EXO TR on front, and a 2.35 SG Hans Dampf on the back. This combination works really well. I want to try the...
  6. H

CORC Enduro - July 20 (now with st1 video)

Isn't really an Enduro event if you tell everyone the course 3 weeks in advance. Recommendation is to randomly interlink different trails and be creative - and don't tell anyone until the event officially starts! ideas... sections of descending single track linked by short steep uphill fire...
  7. H

I am testing these wheels at the moment. Only done 4 rides, but a few initial comments... - You must use round profile tires; HR2 and Magic Mary don't work. They become way too square and wide. - Wheel stiffness and acceleration is impressive - I am 95kg and I can comfortably ride 18psi...
  8. H

EXO or Snakeskin casing?

Schwalbe super gravity is the way to go. The snakeskin tyres tear easily on rocks.
  9. H

Enduro 29rs are here and I have 1....

schwalbe hans dampfs tear on rocks, unless you get the super gravity version - which are great tyres! i'd be tempted to use them for DH they are so stable. problem is that for 29ers, as soon as the casing/sidewalls get stronger the weight increase is significant and rotational weight becomes...
  10. H

apologies, I meant the enduro s-works not evo. the one with the cane creek, xx1, pikes and carbon wheels.
  11. H

I test rode the enduro evo with the top end carbon roval wheels on a 5 hour ride in the Swiss alps - the type of riding an 'Enduro' bike is supposed to be designed for. basically... - wheel flex is significant - braking is poor on steep technical trails due to increased roll over of the...
  12. H

Enjoy your wheel flex and poor braking control on technical trails! besides that specialized have done a great job to make a 29er with good handling - the short chain stays make all the difference!
  13. H

UCI Mountain Bike World Championships 2013: Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

I reckon most guys will still ride proper downhill bikes, but with remote lockout shocks, dropper posts, and maybe some interesting tyre choices like super gravity hans dampfs or larsen TT's etc. Graves will handle the course fine though on an SB66. he has been riding much more wild and...
  14. H

UCI Mountain Bike World Championships 2013: Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Jared Graves has to be a dark horse... I wouldn't back him on a real downhill course, but on this track and on current EWS form he has to be a chance!
  15. H

Is there a giant reign in 2014

The Trance and the Trance SX are exactly the same frameset. The SX just has a taller fork, and hence slacker head and seat angles and a higher bb. Hopefully at some point they introduce a 27.5 dedicated enduro bike with 150/160mm travel and geometry based on a 160mm fork.