Recent content by idesa

1. idesa

Sold

PM'd...........
  2. idesa

Exceeding Max Heart Rate

Your haematocrit levels aren't actually a 'great' indicator of your fitness level, but more so your health status. The haematocrit test is one that is carried out to get an idea of a number of factors including the amount of red blood cells, amount of haemoglobin, the proportion of red blood...
  3. idesa

Does size matter?

Right, gotchya.
  4. idesa

Does size matter?

Apart from the obvious i.e. Size, difference between 26" and 20" wheels/tyres, what is the advantage or disadvantage of them. I've been enjoying watching the vids but can't figure it out Cheers
  5. idesa

Switching to trials.....

HAHA sorry hijack!!!
  6. idesa

The Fixie Thread

42/16 is about 71" Rollie, good gear! I've just gone down to 68" braked after running 81" sans for the last few months. Did a ~125k ride a few weeks ago and nearly killed the knees, plus I've started riding track and have felt that running such a large gear my legs have forgotten how to spin, a...
  7. idesa

Switching to trials.....

Apart from the obvious i.e. Size, difference between 26" and 20" wheels/tyres, what is the advantage or disadvantage of either. I've been enjoying watching the vids but can't figure it out :confused: Cheers
  8. idesa

The Fixie Thread

I love that hill, every time I hit it I give about 80% till the bus-stop, then get out of the saddle and sprint till the next power poll (~150mtrs). Wrecks me every time but it's great!
  9. idesa

Sniff Sniff

HAHA interesting topic Junkie! I think you'll find that your body is compensating for the increased air volume transfer. Your body doesn't like dry air because it dries out your throat, though even in winter when the air isn't that dry you're still inhaling a lot more of it when you ride...
  10. idesa

The Fixie Thread

Three simple letters that stand for a great deal in the track market: NJS.
  11. idesa

The Fixie Thread

The only place to go: http://www.abbotsfordcycles.com.au/public/index.php But you'll probably have to order in the kermits.
  12. idesa

The Fixie Thread

Sweet! I was on a brown Raleigh with black Hillbricks hangin with the fixed.org crew. Yeah the weather was crap but was in true roobaix fashion I guess. I had puddles in my shoes by the time I got home!!! You gunna rock some Saturdays with us?
  13. idesa

The Fixie Thread

Hey Ross did I see you at the roobaix?
  14. idesa

Velocity Deep V

Strike up another vote for the V's. I have a set that were purchased about 8yrs ago. Used them 'very' heavily for about 5yrs then moved to a roadie. Out of all the shit I gave those rims/wheels for that time, they only got trued 3 times, and the front was snowflaked as well! Get 'em, you'll...
  15. idesa

The Fixie Thread

Zealots, emanate, bastions, disparate riders represent a rainbow coalition, What the friggin hell is this fool talkin about? It's just bikes mate, aint neo. Jacko Weyland you are a nob, go home :mad: P.s. I liked the pictures though, they were really pretty :rolleyes: