Recent content by JediPanda

1. J

Giant Anthem '06 9 speed to 10 speed

8/9/10 speed cassettes all fit the same freehub, so you shouldn't have any problems there. You will need a new 10 speed rear derailleur as the current one will only be a 9 speed. Just to be sure also, you will need a 10 speed chain.
  2. J

Post your 29er!

Specialized Camber Project It's not as new and fancy as a lot of bikes here but I thought I'd share mine. I found this Specialized Camber on Gumtree for $600 stock, so I bought this as a spare for friends. I've slowly upgraded it and now I'm quite attached as I've pretty much learned how to...
  3. J

North coast NSW trail areas

Lismore Trails Bumping this thread. I'm in the area every now and then and I've always wondered if there are any trails local within an hour of Lismore? Any updates in this area?
  4. J

Specialized Camber comp 29 VS Giant Trance 27.5

I've owned a 2014 Trance and now own a Camber. Depends on what you want to do. When I first got into MTB it was all about the fun downhill single track and the Trance was really fun. Now my friends and I still do that but we tend to do much longer sessions with much more kilometres. I...
  5. J

Cornubia Trails

Yeah I'd say you're an absolute machine if you can handle all those climbs without stopping. It'll be much more fun now that I know the map and area a little better.
  6. J

Cornubia Trails

Thanks. Yeah I've come to the same conclusion as your suggested route. It was Stupidly Happy I ended up trying to climb upwards lost at the end of a long session.
  7. J

Cornubia Trails

So I decided to explore Cornubia last weekend and had lots fun. Does anyone have a suggested route to get around directionally? I found out the hard way that if you head the wrong way of some of the trails, they can last a while. While I'm on this subject, are there any MTB maps out there...
  8. J

Aldi bike stuff

Seriously, I tested mine out last night and this is exactly how I felt! Because it's so bright and a spot everything outside the spot kinda just blurs out as you're hammering it down a hill.
  9. J

E Type Mount

So I ended up acquiring an SLX E-Type mount front derailleur but I didn't get the bottom bracket mount thingy with it. Does anyone know what they are called or where you can get replacements?
  10. J

Hi from Brisbane

Haha I'm assuming these are forum jokes? This is exactly what I was looking for. That blog is really cool! I'm planning to get straight into Gap Creek and explore as soon as the weather gets a tad bit cooler here. It's unbearable. Sticking to the single trails as I don't think I have the...
  11. J

Cut Steerer Tube Tips

I just went to Supercheap Auto and bought this thing: http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Toledo-Tube-Cutter-3-30mm-301033.aspx?pid=SPO79998#Recommendations It took a while but ended up cutting through it. It probably wouldn't last another tube or two, maybe a higher...
  12. J

Cut Steerer Tube Tips

Just wanna say thanks for the advice guys. Got a tube cutter and just slowly worked my way around. It was pretty simple and straight forward.
  13. J

Cut Steerer Tube Tips

Thanks guys. You've convinced me to go with the pipe cutter route.
  14. J

Cut Steerer Tube Tips

So I bought a cheap fork for my spare bike and need to cut it down. I'm gonna head to Bunnings and buy a hacksaw. Looks like there's a huge selection of blades (any recommendations) etc. I've also seen people recommend pipe cutters. Any have any helpful tips to make this as easy as possible?
  15. J

Hi from Brisbane

Hey guys, Always liked to do a little mountain biking on a hard tail in my younger years. I'm now trying to get a little more serious about it to have some fun and get a little fitter and leaner. Picked up a second hand Anthem and being from Brisbane, I've been mucking around out Bunya, Daisy...