Recent content by jgdj18

1. jgdj18

Thredbo Valley Trail - recommended min age

Thank you for your advice. Much appreciated. I'm pretty sure when you say "the little one will probably be pushing the bike for ~600m" you meant to say "you will be pushing their bike for them for ~600m". Thats generally how it ends up working out :)
  2. jgdj18

Thredbo Valley Trail - recommended min age

Hi Guys, I'm heading down to Thredbo over Xmas and taking the family including our four year old child. He is pretty good on a bike, but struggles with hills - and he is only four. I'm thinking of taking him on the Thredbo Valley trail, the one between Thredbo and Crackenback. I have not...
  3. jgdj18

Mount Keira Adventure Playground – MTB proposal

Sounds great, I'm really hoping that this goes ahead. I think they will need a variety of trails to be successful though. They will probably need a trail which would be family friendly to satisfy the need for that area of tourism and beginner riders and at least one other trail which would...
  4. jgdj18

Zelvy Carbon Rims - Any out there in RB land?

Thanks. It was an experienced bike mechanic who told me of the difficulty changing tyres.
  5. jgdj18

Zelvy Carbon Rims - Any out there in RB land?

I have heard that the new style of 35mm wide rims can make it very hard to change tyres as the tyres are super tight. Can anyone comment on their experience fitting tyres to the Zelvy rims?
  6. jgdj18

Bronson Carbon

Nice bike. Have you tried changing the tyres on the zelvy rims yet? I have heard that changing the tyres on some other 35mm rims can be very hard. Any insight?
  7. jgdj18

NSW Mill Creek Conservation Park (Menai) - MTB Trail building Thread

Rode this on the weekend. Nice track guys, thanks for your work. Its pretty similar to Appin.
  8. jgdj18

Thanks mate, appreciate it.
  9. jgdj18

I'm hoping to check this track out for the first time (since the old one was closed) this Saturday. I have seen the strava map on page 31 of this thread. Are there any directions about the best place to enter the track and which direction to ride it in, or is it obvious from the ANSTO car...
  10. jgdj18

JT's All Mountain - 650b Build - With Pics

+ for the Bronson. I have one and I'm very happy. Climbs surprisingly well for a all mountain type bike.
  11. jgdj18

Nowra Downhill Track Fully Repaired

Excellent work and thank you. Can you share your thoughts on the condition of the fireroad hill?
  12. jgdj18

Nowra Downhill Track Fully Repaired

Can anyone report on the how this track is currently? Also, can anyone indicate what condition the fire road is in especially on the steep rocky hill section? Has it been graded at all or do you need a 4x4?
  13. jgdj18

Sold please delete

sold .
  14. jgdj18

Sold please delete

sold pending payment
  15. jgdj18

Sold please delete

plenty of interest but still for sale