Recent content by libbykc

1. L

Santa Cruz Nomad v3 best shock?

Thanks for replies, looks like i'll go down that path, it's had nothing but glowing reviews. Do the coils pedal reasonably well these days? I don't care for racing up the hill but don't want to feel like i'm climbing a DH rig either.
  2. L

Santa Cruz Nomad v3 best shock?

I've just bought myself a used Nomad 2016 and pumped for delivery. Only negatives i've heard is that it blows through the midstroke on the rear but guessing with a different shock this can be resolved. Does anyone have any experience with different shocks on the nomad v3? I've heard the DHX2 is...
  3. L

Best valued second hand All Mountain Dually - Suggestions

For me its got to be the spes enduro. great all round bike and there are heaps out there so good value. be ware though dont get a bike thats too old cause if you have to replace the shock it can get very expensive as they have custom built shox/mounting. Also best to get a post 2012 bike with a...
  4. L

Oxy gets destroyed (again) - updated with more bad news

What a tool! No place in this world for fools like that.. So frustrating that for someone to have the possibility of legalizing a trail they need to lobby for at least a decade for something to maybe potentially possibly happen!! At the rate it's going we'll be trail advocates for our kids...
  5. L

Seems like the government shut that down too...
  6. L

Went out to oxy for the first time in a while all pumped for a big day only to find total destruction!! Does any one how it got to this point? I know there had been talk about keeping people off moon rock because of the carvings and some people kept riding that section but was that the only...
  7. L

Can threads on a crank arm be fixed?

I was about to throw away my left xt crankarm when i heard that there is a possible solution to fixing the threads.. A guy at my LBS said there is a piece that can be inserted to fix this. He also told me it depends on how damaged the threads are. Anyone know anything about this? By the...
  8. L

DT Swiss EX1750 Wheel Set, Question?

EX 1750 Rims?? i found a flat spot on my rear wheel (DT EX1750) These exact rims arent sold aftermarket are they?? Cant seem to find any.
  9. L

Crank Brothers Joplin 4

One last thing... DROPPER SEAT POSTS RULE!!! If any one out there has ever considered getting one DO IT! Agreed! Has anyone tried the new Rockshox Reverb. Does this have the same problem??
  10. L

Crank Brothers Joplin 4

Has anyone had troubles with the Joplin 4 in terms of side to side play? Its nothing too bad but since new its had abit of play.
  11. L

NSW Castle Hill

Has there been any developments on this proposal? I live in West Pennant Hills and know of an area which has very little use and could accomodate a 10k loop. I think its owned by the M2 and already has a 4.5k loop XC loop. This place has excellent potential, awesome terrain, fire road...
  12. L

Katoomba to Mittagong

Does anyone have anything to add to this post?? Looking into riding this ride but not sure if there is too much hike a bike. Also does anyone know if this is doable as a day ride? Otherwise anyone know of any other 100k+ day rides around the Syd area?
  13. L

Capital Punishment - Im too stingy to fly down for a sat start....

Hey, is the ticket still for sale?? Is it a 100k ticket?