Recent content by lopes

1. L

pig dh pro

On special until Friday at T7 http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/FSHDTNNDH Hope I have not breached any rules - just trying to help:)
  2. L

Gripsport bike rack

Looks like the original poster is not familiar with the PM system, so I will post here: Our family now only has one mtb, and therefore this triple carrier is surplus to our requirements: http://www.mtbdirt.com.au/home/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=24941.0 It's heavy and I...
  3. L

Gripsport bike rack

PM has been sent
  4. L

How well is Australia served by our democratic system?

I agree, and the last 10 years is a perfect example - especially since Pauline Hanson came on the scene.
  5. L

Clips 'vs' Flats :: Pro's and Con's

The best way to assess if clips or flats is best is to look at the pointy end of elite dh races worldwide. If there is no clear trend, then it just comes down to personal preference.
  6. L

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

So, did you vote for Keating against Howard initially, on the basis of his good management of the economy? If anything, the centre ground (including the current ALP) has moved to the right since the last Labor government, so what makes you think a new Labor Government could not manage the...
  7. L

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

It's a pointless discussion, especially when voters like Oddjob makes the following statements in the same post: "I'm voting for the Libs on the basis of their economic management". and "The previous Labor Government deserve a lot of credit for our current run of economic growth but...
  8. L

I have 2 children, 1 wife and 1 house. On the subject of 'greater common good', I do not see the hefty increases in housing prices and longer working hours for BOTH parents just to pay for that housing (& HECS) etc as being for a greater common good. (not to mention entering a war on false...
  9. L

We get the politicians we deserve - especially if we ignore their lies, corruption & wrongdoings, and use self interest as the deciding factor in determining how to vote. Self interest is human nature - very difficult to overcome - only a minority of the electorate are able to rise above it...
  10. L

Mackay Norris Road Bmx track

I understand that all bmx tracks (that are available for public access) have to have those gates across the start hill now - to satisfy insurance obligations. Usually the rest of the track can still be used - it just stuffs up the first straight.
  11. L

It's Time I Said Goodbye.

Good luck in your new venture. I will miss your Off Topic Discussions - It will be interesting if you can still access Farkin from there, or will the authorities have deemed it too subversive? You might be lucky enough to see Jared Graves win a medal at the Beijing olympics - might as well...
  12. L

Graves beats Bubba Harris

I don't think it was much of a surprise after Jared's top form over the previous weekend at Nerang. Props to Jared, but Bubba certainly made up a lot of ground after an average start. Bubba's class and speed was obvious during his few laps, and watching him in person was a real eye opener -...
  13. L

Graves beats Bubba Harris

It was also a fitting reward for Jared after unluckily missing out on the overall win in AA Pro at Nerang the week before. He also took out the Pro open final on Saturday which should help his bank balance. Taking nothing away from Jared, but that race highlighted to me just how good Bubba...
  14. L

Jared Graves to make new documentry video?

That's good news - it would be plain stupid not to sent our fastest riders to the olympics.
  15. L

Jared Graves to make new documentry video?

No need to make it a bmx v's mtb thing - Jared does both and he started out on bmx. Not sure about the National team bit mentioned above - I thought Jared couldn't try for the olympics because of sponsor issues - seems a shame to me because he is so fast (and I bet Prokop will be there...