Recent content by Mal01

1. M

What if cleats were easier to clip into?

Simple. Time ATAC.
  2. M

TUMUT 3Hr Enduro - 27th April

+1 :thumb:
  3. M

Mont 24 advice

You perhaps haven't ridden off road in Canberra at 5AM in April then. Could be sub zero. Lowest April temp for Canberra is -4.3 (albeit late April). I know what I'd be bringing with me ...
  4. M

Mont 24 advice

For info ... Anyone who didn't get an entry in (and thus aren't getting the emails reminding them), the dating service has quite a few teams looking for riders.
  5. M

Mont 24 advice

Certainly much more like Sparrow than like Stromlo. East Kowen and Sparrow are similar terrain and trees (a few nice native patches in Kowen) and Kowen trails are newer than Sparrow and so have less exposed roots (from trail wear). The underlying philosophy of the trail builders in both places...
  6. M

Suspension meter.

I reckon it's possible using and Arduino board and appropriate sensors. You could even include a 3-axis accelerometer to monitor results. Kind of been on my list of things to do, but seeing as I mostly ride rigid SS hasn't progressed to far... I reckon it could be done for around $100. Time link...
  7. M

Riding in Thredbo Cascades Trail area

+1 to all that. Spectacular piece of country. We did a casual overnighter a few years ago, aiming for Tin Mine huts but settling on Cascade hut. There had been a storm and so trees down all over the track, which curtailed our progress somewhat. Some pix here. We were contemplating how...
  8. M

2013 #XCM Series

Which, under the policy, you use first (second really, after Medicare) anyway.
  9. M

The Single Speed Thread

See Park Tools site.
  10. M

WEMBO - 2013 World Solo 24Hr Championships Canberra

Awesome. Lucky man.
  11. M

The Self Sufficient Bike Camping Thread.

One account of the Brevet here .
  12. M

Race recommendation please

Sydney North Shore? Check out Northern Beaches Mountain Biking Group
  13. M

Kowalski Classic 2013 – Entries Open Saturday June 1st

Hats off to Pia Larque, last finisher in 9:23:08 . While there wasn't a lot left in the paddock when she crossed (what was left of) the line at nearly 5:15 PM (except for a WHOLE lots of stuff to pack up!), she received a standing ovation. Last to finish - but she FINSHED!
  14. M

Majura Pines Thread

For those form out of town who may have ridden Majura but haven't seen what's going on, there are some aerial photos from the Canberra Times. Photo 14 onward show some of the old riding area. Wondering if in photo 15 that's the underpass ?
  15. M

2013 Tour Divide

And add in the West Fork Complex Fire.