Recent content by McPete

1. McPete

Post Your XC Machine

Yeah, several people have remarked at that... I'll fix it when I put a seat I actually like on the thing :P
  2. McPete

Post Your XC Machine

That's one slick looking machine macboy! Time for an update on the Merida- It it no more. I've sold the frame. However, the parts (mostly) continue to live on; A 2009 XTC Advanced frame. Mavic Crossmax SLRs. Tubeless tyres. All because I decided the Merida's medium frame was too small...
  3. McPete

The 2010 Mont 24 Thread

I just heard from UPS, I'm getting my Crossmax SLRs and tubeless gear on Wednesday... Absolutely cheering :) Just need to kick my body into shape following a brush with the 'flu.
  4. McPete

How to return to form

I believe Eddy Merckx once responded to a question like this with; "Ride lots." For myself, also heading into the Mont, I've just come down with something that may or may not be 'flu. I'm going to have to wait for it to clear right up before I resume training... Ugh, and I was absolutely...
  5. McPete

Downhill vs Freeride vs Justride

As someone who considers himself as an All-mountain rider (read; coward), I see it like this; Downhill is the idea that it's you against a clock, just trying to be fast. It doesn't have to be flashy, you've got places to be and gravity to help you along. The big attraction to it is the sense of...
  6. McPete

The Polite Wollongong Thread

Hey all, I'm Pete, you may have seen me around- the lanky fella on a Reign/Merida HT/XTC Adv.- I tend to wear a fair bit of red, so I'm pretty distinctive. I'm more of an enduro/AM/trail/XC/whatever man now- I'm not too good with wheels off the ground :P I mostly ride Possums and up...
  7. McPete

The 2010 Mont 24 Thread

I'm in, in a team of six. I think I'm going to be the only person on a hardtail... almost everyone else has just bought new dual suspension XC rigs. As for tyres/wheels, at this stage, I'm thinking kevlar crossmarks on Crossmax STs borrowed from my Reign, running tubeless...
  8. McPete

NSW Sold

Consider this a bump and a price drop- $200 + shipping. I got a quote on shipping, a shade over $90 to Melborurne on bus freight. Snag yourself an superb frame for cheap here folks! It's light and fast. Even though it was too small for me, I had an absolute ball on this bike. I have...
  9. McPete

NSW Sold

Update; Now comes with Kalloy Extra-long seatpost, as well as a collection of headset spacers. Frame has been inspected and declared AOK by Spearmans. Frame was weighed, including spacers, was seen to weigh 1.625 kg. P.
  10. McPete

Choosing a steel hardtail... Sanderson Breath/Life or Kinesis Decade Virsa?

Depends what sort of final head angle you are chasing- 100 would be the mid point, you could go 80mm for a great climber, or 120ish for a nice trail/AM-light bike.
  11. McPete

NSW Sold

Item: 2008 Merida Matts HFS4000 Frame, Medium, Silver. Location: Wollongong, NSW Item Condition:Very good- A few little scratches where you'd expect, but it's solid. Reason for selling: It's too small for me, I've bought an XTC carbon frame to replace it. Price and price...
  12. McPete

Well, I've had a bit of back and forth with the shop... Wait times on the Sanderson, Charge and Decade were longer than I wanted, and I've been offered an XTC Carbon frame that struck me as very reasonable... I've said yes to the XTC. This thing will be lighter than my road bike 0_0 Thankyou...
  13. McPete

Thanks Elvis- You or someone else should be getting a call today from a certain shop regarding lead time on the Virsa(in black, 20' frame)... Although I really like the Sandersons, as soon as I saw the Virsa was made of Tange Prestige, I was half-sold there and then. A question for you; What...
  14. McPete

G'day all, I've finally admitted that my lovely little Merida Matts 18 inch frame is too small for me, after almost a year of ownership... In my travels, I'd seen the Sanderson Breath, and thought that was a pretty nifty little bike, so I asked my LBS to track down a large frame for me...
  15. McPete

Lights?

I was using Ay-Ups, for one. I did see a few more Lupines going around than I'd have really expected though.