The 2010 Mont 24 Thread

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Needed SS rider to complete 4 man team.

Our team at the Mont has lost a rider due to him miscalculating when his wife's baby was due! So if at this late stage anyone is interested in joinging a 4 man single speed team please raise your hand up. Times for laps will probably be the 55 to 70min mark in our team so not overly competitive.

If you don't have a single speed our lost rider will even lend his.. it ain't great but it does have one gear.

So anyone interested please PM me.

EDIT : Have a rider now...!

Last edited:

rideabike

Likes Bikes
Our team at the Mont has lost a rider due to him miscalculating when his wife's baby was due! So if at this late stage anyone is interested in joinging a 4 man single speed team please raise your hand up. Times for laps will probably be the 55 to 70min mark in our team so not overly competitive.

If you don't have a single speed our lost rider will even lend his.. it ain't great but it does have one gear.

So anyone interested please PM me.
PM Sent. Anyone else needing a rider PM me

caak

Likes Bikes
rider change over.

I have four teams registered and need to update riders in three of the teams.. Due to injury etc.
Can I do this on the Saturday? Have sent race organiser an email but no reply yet...

McPete

Likes Dirt
I just heard from UPS, I'm getting my Crossmax SLRs and tubeless gear on Wednesday... Absolutely cheering :) Just need to kick my body into shape following a brush with the 'flu.

Garrath

Likes Dirt
Weather

Weather is looking warm:
Friday Sunny. Min 12 Max 29
Saturday Sunny. Min 13 Max 29
Sunday Sunny. Min 13 Max 29

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Weather is looking warm:
Friday Sunny. Min 12 Max 29
Saturday Sunny. Min 13 Max 29
Sunday Sunny. Min 13 Max 29
That will be a little warm for me... should be very pleasant at night though.. and as long as there isn't rain like at the Sydney 24hr!!!

Weather

I'll take mid to high 20's during the afternoon if it means that its not to cold at night. After the Scotts i learnt that 3am rides after an hours sleep do not go well with freezing weather.

Very excited we are only days away now!

DHdreamer

Likes Bikes
I'll take mid to high 20's during the afternoon if it means that its not to cold at night. After the Scotts i learnt that 3am rides after an hours sleep do not go well with freezing weather.

Very excited we are only days away now!
Mate, you were all for cuddling in the tent "to keep warm"! :D

Too right on the temps though - the Scott was bloomin freezing at night.

RMB

Likes Dirt
Spare spot in six man team

We have a spare spot in our six man team due to an injury, PM me if keen to join, we are all in our late 30s to 40s and based in the Illawarra.

RichJS

Likes Dirt
Talked to Paul Cole last week and he said the track will be the same as last year, all the logging operations are on the other side of Sparrow Hill.
From a conversation with him on Saturday, it's now 2/3 the same as last year. A couple of changes over in the logged area, and a couple of new bits of track added to the other side.

If anyone did the 3hr race that was on a few weeks ago, the first part of the course is the same as that until half-way up the fireroad climb after the dam. About 1.5km in, maybe? (Is that exactly the same start as last year? I can't remember!)

Course length is now approx 18.7km

.. although Paul might have already changed it since then!

Course length is now approx 18.7km
So how long will a lap atake an average rider, was taking around an hour at the Scotts for a similar disatance but haven't ridden out at Sparrow. Assuming will be similar as while not having that huge uphill, not having a big dowhill either?

gixer7

Likes Dirt
So how long will a lap atake an average rider, was taking around an hour at the Scotts for a similar disatance but haven't ridden out at Sparrow. Assuming will be similar as while not having that huge uphill, not having a big dowhill either?
Last year I think anything under an hour (in daylight) was decent. Check the results from last year and you'll get a better idea.

RichJS

Likes Dirt
Well it's only a tiny bit further than last year so I reckon it won't be much different - the pro/elite riders will do it in about 45 minutes, Weekend warriors 50-60, the remaining 2/3 of the field in 60-80.

Edit - what gixer7 said, results here: http://www.mont24.com.au/race/?IntCatId=3&IntContId=7687

Last edited: