Recent content by nicknopants

1. N

road bike build - from scratch

After reading this thread, I kinda want to have your babies. Ummm... awkward moment.
  2. N

pins and needles

I got one of those Selle SMP Glider saddles. Yeah, quite expensive, but I like my nuts. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=23424
  3. N

Ourimbah race day 6-3-2011

yep, sorry guys about the stuff around. Try the new link up top.
  4. N

Ourimbah race day 6-3-2011

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56919786@N06/ I've got like 300 photos and flicker only shows the last 200 uploaded. UPDATED - the flickr people are useless, so I just created a whole new account and uploaded them again. There are still some which will overlap with the first set...
  5. N

Commuting

what setup do you have there? Cyclocross? What tyres are those? I like it!
  6. N

Commuting

I'm about to buy a house about 28km from my work (as opposed to the 14.5km now). I'm think I can stretch it out to around 35-40km each way by taking a much nicer and bike friendlier way. Really good to hear that some people are commuting similar, and even further, distances. I'm keen to...
  7. N

Bikepacking

Thanks for posting up about the Bicentennial Trail, I never even knew it existed. I want to do something like that next year. From what I've just been reading, it sounds like it would be awesome.
  8. N

The "holy f*#k that's a long way to ride a bike" bike packing thread.

Just been reading this thread and it sounds awesome. I'm so jelous, I want to do something like this now.
  9. N

You know you're a cyclist when...

When you're more excited about the ride home after work, than just being at home after work.
  10. N

Tyre Width

seems to make sense
  11. N

Creak Coming From Fork Area?

maybe a small frog is trapped in there?
  12. N

quick release pedals?

One of the main reasons I don't ride a bike to most places is the fear of getting it stolen. So I've been thinking of the best way to lock my bike. One thing I just thought of, but haven't been able to find online, is a quick release pedal. Pedals which you can actually remove and carry around...
  13. N

Camelbak Flow Meter - Anyone Tried It?

Seems like a bit of a gimmick. If you want to know how much water you drank, buy a $5 set of kitchen scales and weight the thing before and after.
  14. N

How to stop front wheel sliding out?

Same thing happens to me too, and now that I think about it I'm probably leaning back too much.
  15. N

DH inner tubes - do we really need them?

I run 1.9 kenda tubes in my 2.5 minions. Maybe its just me, but I get no more flats than I do if I run bigger DH tubes.