Recent content by norgan

1. norgan

Introducing your state rep for MTBA

Hi All, I've recently been appointed NSW rep for MTBA. I understand there is a lot of feedback for MTBA and am opening up this thread to feedback as well as the new facebook group "Mountain Bike Australia NSW". Please give your feedback here, good or bad it's all appreciated and I'll try my...
  2. norgan

Dirt Nights, monthly meet and greet plus swap meet for Sydney

We had over 60 people turn up for the third Dirt Night, our monthly MTB meet and greet night held in conjunction with Forestville Ferrets Rugby. We had speakers from Avanti Hellfire and Trail care with both St. Ives Cyclery and Avanti+ Narrabeen chipping in with prizes and free basic bike...
  3. norgan

Dirt Nights

Dirt Nights @ Forestville On Wednesday, May 27th 2015, 6:00:00 pm Location: Forestville Oval - Forestville Ferrets Rugby League Team More Info: Talk Dirt, Bikes and other interesting chatter. Enjoy some discounted food and drink. This is your forum for exchanging feedback, ideas and...
  4. norgan

Sydney MTB Riders Rides thread - Saturdays from 10am, Meet at Glebe in the park

Hi all, due to moving these rides have fallen to the wayside. I'd like to start them up again. Sundays work best for me and I am now over at Roseville but is there interest in a city ride again?
  5. norgan

Balmain / Rozelle group?

Sydney MTB Hi guys, I started a club exactly for this after I moved to the suburban surrounds of Sydney. Come join us over at http://sydneymtb.asn.au we are currently looking at adopting a track as close as possible to the city. I'd love to let my 1000+ group members know about this and help...
  6. norgan

[AM] Santa Cruz Nomad C 2013 "Cruz2" custom build - Finished!

Paid for with cash ;) that's redundancy for you lol
  7. norgan

weight The nomad c is only 200g lighter than the nomad. The focus was on stiffness. The Talas forks are a little heavier and the dropper adds weight also. I'm a very heavy rider both in weight (110kgs) and riding style. I could go tubeless and upgrade to lighter brakes. Going to floats will...
  8. norgan

Since I'm so happy with the traffics, I'm going to upgrade to the diesel since it is essentially a more aggressive traffic and gets great reviews http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=18983
  9. norgan

Why do you say that yogi? My first GT lasted 15 years. Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_304 using Board Express
  10. norgan

JBR, have you ever ridden Conti Traffics?? They are easily the best tire I've ever had. They amaze me how good they are on the dirt and I never feel that they are going to let go. On the road they are quiet and have no discernable road noise and feel smooth as anything. They are really not far...
  11. norgan

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Its fiddly, sometimes frustrating work but its so worth it when you look at the finished product and know you built that with your own hands, right down to the custom spoke nipples on the wheel builds.
  12. norgan

Haha I have to agree, I started with black but the blue just brings it to life imo
  13. norgan

Thanks guys, more pics coming soon. I loved my old Talas and found these at a good price. I also love the colour of the Talas haha Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_304 using Board Express
  14. norgan

This is my "10 year build", meaning I intend this to last 10 or more years, give or take some component replacements and upgrades over that time. Frame - Santa Cruz Nomad c 2013 Rear shock - Fox float CTD 2013 kashima Front shock/fork - Fox Talas 32 150mm 2011 Handlebars - Aozonic Risers...
  15. norgan

[AM] The new project - Santa Cruz

Decals part 1 Part 1 of decals, I like the stealthiness of the black but i;m toying with the idea of laying blue blue over the top off centered so they look like light blue decals with a black shadow.