Recent content by PepsiMax

1. P

Wheel Build Advice Thread

So got a Q for all the wheel heads out there, my giant xcr0 27.5 front rim has developed a slight crack either side of the valve stem maybe about 7-8mm (rim is about 8 years old and done maybe 2500-3000kms on riding) So my options are either Mavic carbons (CRC dicking around with freight...
  2. P

Garmin 530 versus 830

I just visit eBay a few times and purchase things when they send me a voucher. Just upgraded to to the 830 from a 510, for like $420 after eBay vouchers & 3% eBay discount gift card from my bank. Picked the 830 due to touch function being similar to the 510, and ultimately needed it for...
  3. P

STOLEN Giant Anthem X SL1 2010 Sutherland Shire area

Sadly bike was never found again, however NRMA were kind enough to replace it with a new bike under home contents insurance. Bit of a story, a knee injury along with sciatica has limited my bike adventures then when everything was getting back on track a car accident caused severe whiplash and a...
  4. P

LIGHTS MEGATHREAD - all questions on riding lights asked and answered here!!!

does anyone know where there are any cygolite tridenx lights in stock?
  5. P

NSW Cygolite TridenX Xtra 1300lm

Hi all and hoping someone can tell me where I can find a Cygolite TridenX Xtra 1300lm headlight either new old stock or second hand. I cannot believe they decided to discontinue these headlights they are amazing Anyway if you have one or know someone who has one send me a PM as I am keen to...
  6. P

Anyone using HRV to guide training load?

The uni's actually prefer older populations as students typically conduct the research on fellow classmates and some teachers dont like this as it gives a false sense of what will occur in the workplace. Many now encourage students to bring in parents or extended family in older age brackets...
  7. P

Anyone using HRV to guide training load?

There is a whole host of things that come into play when seeking the optimal time to train. HRV is new to me and will research some journal papers on it more to give a better answer. However, I would suggest doing a clinical maximal V02Max test. Then you can prescribe optimal training zones by...
  8. P

XC FAQ Thread - Hardware, Training, etc...

Can the links be updated on the first page of this thread please?
  9. P

Rockshox Full Sprint or Xloc x 2?

Hi all, Wanting some advice with my giant anthem bike. I recently purchased a sram monarch xx 6.5 rear shock and it didn't come with a remote just the cable. However, should I go down the rockshox full Sprint remote that locks F/R at same time or should I go with the front and rear on...
  10. P

Avid XX brakes

If they only measure 11g (22g all up) Im pretty sure they can make that up with lighter screws... Looks like ill switch to XO's or XTRs
  11. P

Avid XX brakes

yeah sorry it does rub without pulling the lever. Thing is I have never bled the brakes, they just went like that after a few rides :S thats lame, who came up with that idea in the RnD team?
  12. P

Avid XX brakes

Well the rear brake on my giant anthem x 2014 can only move about 5mm and there is rubbing with the pads and disc. I know this is stupid but on my old avid xo brakes I was able to adjust the pad contact, with the twisty adjuster, where is the one on the XX brakes? I have looked on there...
  13. P

VIC SOLD Please Remove

How tall are you? 6ft? So i know if the size could fit my friend
  14. P

New background styles.

Just curious if it would at all be possible to add in another background colour scheme/style. Similar to what OCAU use with Sabretooth (dark blue background, light blue for threads, orange and white for the writing. It would be good to change from the brightness of the white styles that are...