Recent content by phil p.

1. phil p.

Party Themes!

Office ho's and C.E.O.'s?
  2. phil p.

4X Track Desgin Thread

-Loose highspeed unbermed corners (e.g. Maribor?) -Hips! -Rockgardens which can reward racers more for being smoother. -Longer first straights (but not flat) -More gradient!
  3. phil p.

ACT/NSW 4X and Dual Slalom State Series - IDEAS AND FEEBACK PLEASE

This year was my first full season and I really enjoyed it so thanks to rocky trail. Next year can only be better (especially with changes to Stromlo and SOPA). Some improvements I can think of: -A proper raised podium (it is the NSW series after all) -More rounds if possible -Maybe some...
  4. phil p.

Red Ass ACT/NSW 4X and Dual Slalom Championships 2009 Kurrajong

blue and white thor kit, white helmet, dark stp
  5. phil p.

Red Ass ACT/NSW 4X and Dual Slalom Championships 2009 Kurrajong

Hey any photos of rider 603 in slalom or 602 in 4x (I only got 1 moto of 4x before i crashed). Thanks.
  6. phil p.

4X Custom STP0

Bit of an update with new grips (sunline logo lock ons) and giant decals. Ignore the flat on the back :) Will probably get a xt-wheelset and brakes when i can afford it. Maybe new seatpost?
  7. phil p.

Stromlo 4X track Open from Today

Sick! can't wait to give it a go soon. Cheers for the photos.
  8. phil p.

ACT/NSW 4X and Dual Slalom State Series 2009 -Round 4 Sydney Olympic Park

Hey mate thanks for taking photos! Was a fun day despite the wet and thanks to RTE for organising the series. If there are any photos of #602 blue & white thor kit on an STP. You can send them to philpender2@hotmail.com if you like.
  9. phil p.

Kenda Small Block 8, Maxxis Crossmark, Maxxis Larsen TT Tyre ST?

Ah I thought it was Wedgetail. Such a fun trail.
  10. phil p.

Kenda Small Block 8, Maxxis Crossmark, Maxxis Larsen TT Tyre ST?

Have'nt tried SB8's and have heard mixed reviews. Can't say anything about crossmarks either as i'm yet to ride a set. However, I run larsen tt's and can reccomend them highly. They are a pretty good alround tire and roll fast although you might want to run a more knobbly tire on the front for...
  11. phil p.

New 4x Bike

Your best bet would be to get an aluminium hardtail frame as it will be lighter, faster (unless you're racing on a very rough track) and cheaper than a dual sus. A hardtail will accelerate faster and will be more responsive on the track. If you're only starting out there should'nt be much need...
  12. phil p.

Thor Kits for DH/4x?

Hi all, I'm looking at buying a complete Thor Core kit for racing as I really like the designs more than other brands on the market. I'm just wondering if I can get peoples opinion and experience with it before I buy. I'd particularly like no know how breathable the kit is and how the gloves...
  13. phil p.

new tld gear. seriously WTF

Wrong.....!
  14. phil p.

Stromlo Master plan - your ideas

Hope this isn't too off topic but does someone know whether the 4x track will be changed before worlds?
  15. phil p.

Bruce Ridge a.k.a O'connor Ridge Official Thread

Good work man! I ride these trails pretty often as I live pretty close by and agree with the changes you've made. Also would you be able to give some info on where the signposted trail is? I don't think I have come across it before. Keep it up, little changes like this are gonna keep it alot...