Recent content by Ricker

1. R

Fork and shock upgrade help - 2014 Giant Trance 27.5

Do you think its worth just replacing the bottom cup with a hope one? Or these kinda parts last lifetimes and not gonna make a big enough difference to be worth the $50? So far I got this on the list: Hope Space Doctor Spacers Pack - 1.1-8" Blue, 1.1/8" Now A$14.49 Hope Head Doctor...
  2. R

Replacing whole drive train

SLX or XT 2x10 and be done if you like to climb steep hills. Else 1x11 slx
  3. R

Hey man, can you send us a link to the hope headset stuff? I'm happy to do it myself, I've replaced my wheels with hope hubs and am very happy with them. I did size down my stem to 70mm as I'm on an XL frame, and I like this length. Whats a decent stem replacement brand? Did you replace your...
  4. R

So I'm riding on a 2014 Trance 27.5 1, which has fox evolution talas 140mm forks, and fox float rear. I've changed their seals twice, but not interested in spending the money to get the internals serviced as they don't seem like the most amazing suspension out there. Could never dial the small...
  5. R

2014 Fox Talas Fork CTD lever screw doesn't reach internal threaded rod to screw on

Since buying my 2014 Trance 27.5 1, the forks CTD section has always rotated itself undone slighlty. I just have constantly tightened it up when this has happened. Never affected the fork from working so never cared. Recently though the actual CTD lever has become very stiff. In fact it...
  6. R

Northern beaches - what trails can you night ride?

What trails can and can't you night ride legally? I'd like to start a regular night ride on Thursdays with some mates.
  7. R

Wet Weather gear, any advice or suggestions?

Marmot precip jacket and pants (but i'm suggesting any quality DWR, think membrane layer material). I MTBed into work today wearing these and it was bucketing. Was completely dry when I got there. I rolled up the long pants so that they were just shorts, had a set of lycra bike pants on...
  8. R

MTB light which one?

Interesting perspective. I can't say the can of beer on my handlebars would annoy me that much, its got a very useful readout display on its rear, automatically adjusts to speed and terrain to vary brightness. I can also pick up another one in 4 years time for the same price as buying 1 Wilma...
  9. R

MTB light which one?

Not saying Lupine lights aren't awesome, but if you look at the wilma beam pattern shots on mtbr it's clearly too spotty for a handlebar flood for the amount of light it can pass out? Also is around $900 Aussie dollars which is blipping stupid compared to other comparable lights. $550 for a...
  10. R

MTB light which one?

You can pick up an exposure maxx D with 2700 lumens for the price of the piko. The beam pattern is also a lot better on the exposure.
  11. R

MTB light which one?

You all raise some good points, and I just got back from a spin down a local fire trail with my 80 lumen old bar light, and a 300 lumen head light.... haha who the hell would need 3000 lumens!!! Could of definitely done with at least another 1000 but that would be tops! Hmm the nitelite are...
  12. R

MTB light which one?

Ayups are expensive for the limited output, and have a terrible spot beam from all the photos i've seen. The lights I have listed above all have much wider beam patterns which in my mind will reduce hot spots, and light up whats in my peripheral vision alot better. Lupines I really like, in the...
  13. R

MTB light which one?

Yeah that thread was ok, nothing to relevant to the latest lights out there. I think the Candlepower Trailtorch 3000 looks the best but its sold out till September.... shame
  14. R

MTB light which one?

So I need a MTB light or maybe 2 for the upcoming darkness as I commute daily on single track to work. Budget is around $800 max. Don't intend to spend it all if it's not required. My criteria is quality, reliability and good visibility, ie good beam spread and colour temp over ridiculous...
  15. R

Night riding in Sydney northern beaches

Where can you night mtb in sydney northern beaches area?