Recent content by rockcrawler

1. R

You Yangs MTB Park

Not you Trav. Meatpopsicle above. Thanks for all the hard work you put into the trails and with Parks Management.
  2. R

You Yangs MTB Park

Oh so you're the dude I gave the bottle to. Assume the rainwater didn't kill you. Heh.
  3. R

You Yangs MTB Park

Will be out there on Monday with a few new guys and taking it easy, showing them around. Parking at Drysdale Rd. Riding a white Charge Duster. Cressy's is the hardest thing we'd ride.
  4. R

Surf coast / Forrest Ride Day 12th JAN

i was lucky enough to get a private guided tour by brett through the anglesea trails and forrest. excellent experience. the bike was carefully loaded, the first trails were close and pretty good. i'd never ridden forrest before so getting a guide and a shuttle up to the top of red carpet was...
  5. R

Melbourne club with social riding focus?

i was an FTF and MTBA member for trials comps seems like a great club with a strong comp focus
  6. R

Design of a portable bike stand (bullbar mounted)

how about this variation? this would work better with square tube, than round tube. as it is easier to hinge. the two grey bits are bolts the hinged arm lets you fold the whole thing up smaller for putting in the car the vertical bolt clamps the horizontal arm to the bull bar top tube...
  7. R

Design of a portable bike stand (bullbar mounted)

i dig it a lot, since i always tend to work in the driveway in front of my fourby also :) i might copy your idea and refashion an old clamp-style towbar mounted bike rack that i have the tool tray might get in the way of the cranks unless the bike clamp comes out a fair way. even so it's...
  8. R

the age old question - to clip, or not to clip?

note: i ride clipped for road and xc, and flats for trials and dh. i have the 661 filter shoes but only use it for flat pedals, even though it can take cleats. i get sore feet with trials, and prefer a stiff sole. the filter has a very stiff sole, and is generally heavy and thick in most...
  9. R

VIC SOLD Fusion Terminator Another PRICE DROP

Sold please move thread Thank you
  10. R

VIC SOLD Fusion Terminator Another PRICE DROP

Another price drop! Will consider offers.
  11. R

Bacchus Marsh to Blackwood

the run down kangaroo to byer's was awesome. it made the ride up o'brien's worth it. you guys on the singlespeeds astound me with your effortless climbing. ray, your site is a great inspiration to explore this area, as it's not too far from me. thanks for the informative and comprehensive...
  12. R

Good fun ride today. Thanks for organising, and thanks to all the riders for having patience for a newbie. Cheers.
  13. R

hey mate i have not done this before but could be interested in joining you tomorrow. i'm just doing some research now to make sure i am up to the challenge, but so far it looks doable. PM me to work out arrangements. cheers.
  14. R

SOLD Trials Bike Mod 20" CHEAP

Item: Onza Ice 20" trials bike Location: Melbourne but will assist with shipping at buyer's expense. Item Condition: Used, cosmetic scratches, no cracks or dents Reason for selling: Upgrading Price and price conditions: $700 for a quick sale Extra Info: Frame: Onza Ice 1 HS33 mount Fork...