You Yangs MTB Park

YouYangsMTBinc

Likes Dirt
G'day Trav,
Is it next Sunday as in this Sunday , 10/03 ? Got a few riding buddies/relatives interested that you might have run into on a previous shuttle day. Some were on older Craftworks DH bikes.

Are the shuttles available to anyone that pays up or do you need to be a YYMTB member ?

Thanks.
Shuttle Day on Sunday 10th is now book out. If you didn't email the club to book please email us your name if you were still planning to come and we will see if we can squeeze you in.

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
GMBC Facebook Page said:
MORE TRAIL NEWS! NEW Tracks Open at the Youies!

"After a long delay due to weather and seepage track 2 and 3 are finally open." from You Yangs Inc. A Very Very big Thanks to all the trail Crew which includes Parks, the Hard working You Yangs inc DH Club and the GMBC crew . You guys have put in lots of time and money to get these tracks up and running. With out all the work the Youies would not be the meca it is.

"As these trails are fresh please respect and ride in your skill level."
Enjoy.

Good to see Dam View and the top end of Stockyards Loop open again, I'm keen to ride this trail as I haven't ridden it for years.

I had a pretty epic You Yangs moment on yesterday morning's ride, opting to head out "early" with lights on. After a lap of Kurrajong and the climb up the road as I was descending down Stockyards Rd and Rockwell Run you could see the lights from the city with the sunrise behind it in the distance.

Spectacular!!!

Well, it was quite the epic ride on Monday. All three of us fell and sustained the same minimum injury on our right elbows. The first fall was along Chainsaw (of all places), the sandy tracks and soft inside line wiped out the first rider. Funny thing was, he had elbow armor back at the car but was too lazy to put it on, and of course he fell on the unprotected bit. The second rider (me) fell on track 5, just trying to dodge the trees when the left handlebar tapped one. It was the crappy little bit that turn off Cressy road in and back out again with a total distance of about 25 meters which we could have avoided it all together. The last rider fell during Boulder. He picked the wrong line through the last boulder drop and wiped out pretty bad. For some reason, the rear wheel came off his bike and he managed to scratch the top of the brake fluid reservoir. Anyway, our bikes are no longer pristine.

The heat was unbearable in some places, but comfortable on the top of Junction and Stockyards. Even though the tracks were flat at Kurrajong, they still sapped a lot of energy our of you. The small quartz pebbles took a lot of effort to push through even on 29er wheels. I can't imagine it on 26ers. The climbs were manageable, we had lots of stops and quite a bit of walking, but it was all worth it for the downhills. I still gotta learn how to ride with speed through rock gardens.

The other annoying thing was there are no drinks tap at Stockyards. Luckily there was a rider there kind enough to shout me a Gatorade. There are those big rain water tank with the "Untreated water. Do not drink" sign posted over it, but I was do parched and desperate that I had to refill my Camelbak. Will let you guys know if I caught the brain eating bacteria bug.

trav

Likes Dirt
Trail works

From Thurday March 28th the trail crew will start the redeveleopment of the southern section of trail 2, as a resault the trail will be closed from track 6 , at the cavaletti near the botttom of the DH trails and the northern sectin of the dam wall. If you are ridding track 4 or 6 you will need to ride the recently opened section of track 2 to cross the lower dam wall.

For your own safety , please respect the closures .

You Yangs MTB Inc along with Parks Victoria will again be fully funding this project . Once completed , You Yangs MTB Inc will have invested into the trail net work over $8000 , well over 600 voluntary labour hours in the first 4 months of this year alone !

The club was also successful in gaining a grant through Parks victoria , this money has been set aside for the rebuilding of track 11(link track ),

Timmy!!!

Likes Dirt
I rode the new dam view track this evening, guided by BrownDog.

Bloody hell! It's superb! To say that it is worth the wait would be a major understatement. Major kudos to Trav and the trail crew for such beautifully engineered trails.

I am in awe.

ADD

Likes Dirt

Bloody hell! It's superb! To say that it is worth the wait would be a major understatement. Major kudos to Trav and the trail crew for such beautifully engineered trails.

I am in awe.
That whole side of the park is awesome now. Berms berms berms.

Today I saw the biggest dam tiger snake I've ever seen on Rockwell Run. I think I yelped when I saw it. I hoped over it as it was rearing up. Scary stuff.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Today I saw the biggest dam tiger snake I've ever seen on Rockwell Run. I think I yelped when I saw it. I hoped over it as it was rearing up. Scary stuff.
I think I met your friend a couple of weeks ago, nearer the bottom of Rockwell, took off into a hole on the left as I was climbing. Seen a few snakes lately but this one is the daddy.

hungrytiger

Likes Dirt

I am in awe.
So where is this new track? Heading out there soon and want to be sure to ride it.

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So where is this new track? Heading out there soon and want to be sure to ride it.
Hungrytiger, from the Drysdale Rd car park ride up the hill (Vomit climb?) go past the start of Boulder Track (twice) and continue along the fire road, down a small hill and you will find the start of "Dam View". Alternatively from the top of the park you can travel down Rockwell Run, turn left at the bottom and you can link it up... Doing it that way means riding Dam View up hill (which is by no means hard) but it also means you can ride Boulder Track without riding up that blasted fire road!

Mopageboy

Likes Bikes
I rode #2 after coming down rockwell the other day. Great Job along there! Never seen a snake... might be I just think they are sticks without my glasses!:heh: