Recent content by russell1600

1. russell1600

NSW SCUM Flow'n'Five THIS WEEKEND

Weekend of getting dirty with the SCUM crew at Nowra Rego closes midnight Friday 18th. Pick your style or do both: Shred some gravity flavoured stage racing - Saturday Test your endurance on the 5hr (solo or teams) - Sunday Head to the link below for more details or to enter...
  2. russell1600

Helmets , crashing and riding alone

hi mate - just wondering about your mate who fractured a broken vertebrae. How did he go post recovery? Did he get back on the bike? I've just (on the weekend) sustained a fractured C1 and C7 vertebrae due to a silly crash on a local trail which saw me go head first into a tree. I only ride XC...
  3. russell1600

need someone to build me a couple of sets of wheels - CBR

highly recommend a look at Sheldon Browns site pretty much covers everything you need to know about building a wheel. I used the bench top method below for checking the dish although flipping the wheel in the frame as mentioned above is probably even easier. from Sheldon site...
  4. russell1600

Diymtb..?

Have dealt with Duncan on many occasions. He knows his stuff and has always been very helpful to me. I always recommend him. Cheers, Russ
  5. russell1600

NSW Sold

I can vouch for this bike... Yes it's well used, but by a super smooth lightweight rider and always well maintained. It's weight as pictured is a crazy mid 10's. Good luck Dave and hope it finds the home it deserves. Russ
  6. russell1600

DVT, blood clots and riding on blood thinners

Hey mate, I'm in a similar boat - rest assured you're not alone!! On Jan 05th this year I also got a PE at age 38. Doctors also stumped as to the casue as I'm reasonably fit, don't smoke and don't drink (much:madgrin:). Had numerous blood tests all come back clear. Still taking Warfarin at...
  7. russell1600

Riding on Warfarin

Yes my target INR is 2-3. I already asked about aiming for the lower end of 2 to minimise bleed in the event of an injury. They said they'd like me to stay in the mid 2's, that way if my level fluctuates a little I won't drop below 2...just re-read your post...yes maybe once I recover from my PE...
  8. russell1600

Riding on Warfarin

Thanks for the advice JASER, great to hear you still get out and have fun on the bike... it's encouraging. Any others out there?
  9. russell1600

Hello! Welcome! Who are you?

better say g'day How old are you? 38 What state do you live? NSW How long have you been riding? on and off 24 years Whats styles of riding do you do? XC (BMX in the younger days...ahh those were the days...) How often do you ride? 1 week on average..unfortunately Tell us about your bike/s...
  10. russell1600

Riding on Warfarin

As a father of 2 I couldn't agree more, but as you mention... I also need to live life. I have no problem hanging the bikes up if I knew it were only for 6 months, or even a year. Just trying to come to terms with the real possibility of being of Warfarin forever and was after experiences from...
  11. russell1600

Riding on Warfarin

Sitting here reading these posts 2 days after being released from a 1 week stay in hospital due to a pulmonary embolism.... Doctors still unable to find the cause at this stage which may mean that I'll be on Warfarin for the long run... Re-assuring to see that I'm not alone and there are guys...
  12. russell1600

Post your 29er!

It's a new bike....it's gotta be broken in slowly!!
  13. russell1600

Post your 29er!

Made the move recently to a 29er (never thought I would), and haven't looked back. This thing has a super short wheel base and is a truely fantastic ride.....in love...:love: My previous bike is the Stumpy in the foreground which my son now enjoys, I still love her too. Damn bikes I get so...
  14. russell1600

NSW JetBlack WSMTB 12 hour 2013 by Rocky Trail Entertainment

Ah you know...I lost count after I did 369472 laps... :behindsofa:
  15. russell1600

NSW JetBlack WSMTB 12 hour 2013 by Rocky Trail Entertainment

Jet Black 12hr by Rocky Trail - touching moment Yes great event guys. Entered as a pairs team with my 13 y/o son who had a blast. I always tell him how great mountain biking is and how great mountain bikers are.... After the race my family and I were around the fire staying warm and talking...