Recent content by smoothwakey

1. S

Import tax advice. pls help

Cheers man that is helpful. Sorry for creating another thread. I dont frequent these forums much anymore I should have searched first but didn't, oh well the world will still turn we will still ride bikes.
  2. S

Import tax advice. pls help

So I am about to pull the trigger on a Curtis AM7 frame and am wondering how much import tax I will have to pay. The frame costs around 1200 pounds with the options I am going to get. Do any of you guys/girls have an idea of what tax/duty I would have to pay for this? Also does anyone have any...
  3. S

Jongewaard wins Aus XC champs despite protest - what happened?

If you put the off track antics aside, I think Jongewaard is the Australian mtb version of Mike Alessi (or maybe the alessi family). People give them the benefit of doubt initially but then after basically a decade of unsportsman like conduct every body eventually notices the common denominator.
  4. S

“Wanker” slash “Geez I’m Awesome” conundrum…

I have had the following scenario happen twice (same guy) on my commute to uni: Casually cruising along the river not going heaps quick but I do tend to pass a few people. Quickly close up on this older guy (45-50) who is going around walking pace with big empty bags on his panniers and handle...
  5. S

Does womens specific mean much?

I think it depends on the size of the person, My GF is short, (5'3" ish) and hence bought a xs Giant Lust because the standover clearance was a fair amount larger than any of the xs mens frames. If she was taller she probably would have bought an anthem or trance and got a lot better spec for...
  6. S

The discount code thread

Still good
  7. S

Re-tapping threads

Haha too true, this is the main reason I have gone back to school. I'm a fitter and turner also but now studying mech eng. Keep it simple.
  8. S

Can anyone manual?

I've noticed that when this happens to me I am looking at my front wheel a lot, I find if I look a lot further ahead I can keep straight easier, so try lifting your vision a bit. Focus on something stationary in the distance it might help. This is hard to do on the trail but a good way to learn...
  9. S

Can anyone manual?

For what its worth I know a guy who is probably 40-45 years old and he started riding bmx when his son got into it maybe 4-5 years ago. He knew how to ride a bike already but had never done any sort of freestyle, the first time I saw him ride he had very limited bike control but he would always...
  10. S

Dont want to buy a bike, yet, but still want to DJ

I would recommend that you use your downhill bike it still won't be ideal/easy but with some practise you should be able to get over many of the jumps. Plus I think I read you want to improve your DH skills so this should help and at least this will give you an opportunity to get a fell for dirt...
  11. S

Dont want to buy a bike, yet, but still want to DJ

I had a friend in a similar position, he wanted to get better at jumping but didn't have a bike that made djs or Bmx tracks fun to ride. So took him to a four cross track and now he loves it and will probably buy a dj bike when his finances allow it. If you live within reach of a four cross...
  12. S

is this guy for real?

Unfortunately I think he is out to make a quick buck out of inexperienced riders, I say this because one of the other sites he is associated with onelife.com.au is centered around a book called "how to turn one dollar in one million dollars". Check out YouTube channel for prosperitystore.com, he...
  13. S

is this guy for real?

Was just about to post that haha, it explains a little about his background.... Apparently he is Pat ca$h the son of RögHån , the god of sales and Elizaa the perfect woman? Sounds legit
  14. S

Ideas.on new frame set plz..

Got it direct, just email Doc & Terry at Superco, they are great people.
  15. S

Ideas.on new frame set plz..

Superco charger I love my Superco charger, it's got the shortest chains stays possible with a 26" wheel so it manuals and spins like no other, check out ridesuperco.com.