Recent content by Stoneyy

1. S

Would you go wide 2.6"

Good point Moorey, I have 33mm (think external) wide rims
  2. S

Would you go wide 2.6"

I have a 2017 Trance that fits 2.6" wide tyres, is there many disadvantages in going the wider tyre or would you stick around 2.4" ??????
  3. S

Are Hip Packs Cool ???

Thanks Mr Crudley, it's great to get a review by someone who has one
  4. S

Are Hip Packs Cool ???

Totaly agree with both of these statements, I am happy to wear Lycra, ride a Roadie and love my Stand Up Paddle board, long through caring what I look like Maybe instead of saying are they "Cool" should of said "Practical"!!
  5. S

Are Hip Packs Cool ???

I think the Bontrager one is cool because it can take a water bottle. Small ride - bottle in frame only Big ride - Bottle in frame and bottle in hip pack I lost some gear last ride out of the jersey pocket so I can lock it away in the hip pack that's another plus.
  6. S

Are Hip Packs Cool ???

I have been considering getting a Hip Pack (Bum Bag) to take trailing riding and do not see many people using them. The one I am looking at is the Bontrager Rapid Pack https://www.trekbikes.com/au/en_AU/equipment/cycling-accessories/bike-bags-panniers/bontrager-rapid-pack/p/14798/...
  7. S

Bike weight

Getting there JT!! Just need the skill to keep up with the bike
  8. S

Bike weight

That is exactly what I thought, just bought Trance Advanced 1 weighed it on the lab scales at work, medium with out pedals and tubeless 11.9kg. Love it
  9. S

2017 Giant Trance

A few weeks ago I bought A Trance Advanced 1 and I am really enjoying it, I was coming off a Merida Big Ninety Nine which is a 100mm travel 29er XC dualy similar to an Anthem (2013 model) Just looking at your user name you maybe a similar vintage to me, and I don't see myself ever riding my...
  10. S

Commuter Confusion

Hi mitchy, the Threshold is on my list was thinking about an A3 there is a few 2014 models availble for under $1,000. Which Threshold do you have and how do you find it?
  11. S

Commuter Confusion

Sounds like Cyclocross is getting the vote from most at the moment there are some good bikes around for under $1,500. On my commute I have a steep 100 meter climb each way, how will the Cyclocross gearing be against an MTB?
  12. S

Commuter Confusion

Camoshop, that's funny I have pretty much well read this forum evey day since I have joined. Picked up lots of really good info maybe I might have to get more involved.
  13. S

Commuter Confusion

JTmofo, I think you and I are commuting to the same place, does this sound familiar "BIP or ICI"
  14. S

Commuter Confusion

Hi All, Recently started commuting once a week to work, really enjoying it and would like to do it more often. I am currently riding my 29er dually, it goes OK however I am thinking that maybe I should get something different as if I can make it easier I will ride more often. The...