Recent content by Tim Field

1. T

wyaralong dam MTB

Hooray! The time is finally near. 1st July Opening http://www.mtjoyceescape.com.au/
  2. T

Vertical Hopping

I'm working on trying to hop straight up in the air or slightly sideway, not forwards, obviously leading to getting up on to ledges etc to the side. I can jump a fiar way to the side, and quite a long way forward on the back wheel, but am struggling with straight up. The technique seems to be to...
  3. T

Info on Trails in Nerang state Forest and what are the Best Runs and How to Find Them

G'day Golf Pro and others, I'd always ignored Nerang, having seen that map, I assumed the whole place was firetrails, which don't interest me all that much. A mate of mine and I finally decided to give if a go, and I couldn't have been more wrong...! Heaps of singletrack! As a general rule of...
  4. T

Mt Joyce

Looks like Two Wheel Promotions have got wind of these rule changes, maybe even through this thread, cos yesterday I got an email from them saying they've changed the course to a three lap circuit rather than a point to point. That's just no a marathon in my mind. Just a long xc race or enduro...
  5. T

Old Hiddenvale, Trail Building Projects

Don't know if anyone else has ridden out there lately, but apart from the 4hr course that got a bit of TLC prior to the race, the rest of the place is in desparate need of some work. It really suffered from all that rain earlier this year. Some tracks like rock bottom, dandy and gully have just...
  6. T

"Top-Cycles" website

This still all seems a little strange. As is commonly pointed out with these sort of posts. Adiboy has never posted before and conveniently just got ripped off when this thread was created, not to mention finding rotorburn at the same time as someone who's never posted before. If I owned a bike...
  7. T

National Marathon Champs Catagories

We're getting a little off topic here, yes I agree, regardless of the rules, its much too short, but it's also still a bloody rip off. They're only charging that much cos they know people will be desparate to compete. Unfortunately these events are filling up time and again, but they're...
  8. T

National Marathon Champs Catagories

I can't believe you guys are swallowing the whole $122 for only 80km.... Not to mention charging an extra $20 for the punter that might want to give it a try without a licence. What a joke. This seems to be a case of charge what you think you can get out of people rather than making it a fair...
  9. T

Old Hidden Vale 4hr Enduro Pics?

I saw a few photographers out on the course at the 4hr enduro on the weekend, does anyone know if these guys are posting them on a webiste for sale anywhere? I couldn't find a link on Tail wind promotions. Cheers Tim
  10. T

New Buxton Loop

I noticed the DSE recently opened a new MTB loop out at Buxton... Has anyone been out to give it a try? What's it like to ride and how long's the loop? With Lake mtn as another option, there might be cause for a drive over the spur...
  11. T

Lake Mtn MTB Park.....?

Just wondering if anyone went along to the open day at Lake Mountain for the opening of the new trails they've been building there? It was called Granite Grind I think. I'd be interested to hear peoples opinions of the track and a quick description of the event, as me and my mates missed out...
  12. T

TUBELESS TYRE MEGATHREAD - All questions asked and answered in here!!

Tubeless Electrical Rim Strip Hey all As a bit of a weight weenie I'm not inclined to get myself some rim strips for a pair of non tubeless rims I've got. I was thinking of trying it with about 3 layers of carefully installed electrical tape before adding the sealant. Has anyone tried this...
  13. T

Enduro Expenso

I’m a little concerned that things are getting out of hand. The price of racing, particularly endurance racing, is simply going up and up. A number years ago before endurance racing was the thing to do. I used to race in club, state and national xc events. Weekend club races were up to $20 and...
  14. T

Advocacy Alert ATTENTION BRISBANE RIDERS: mountainbiking access survey

Done. It took me a fair bit longer than 5-10mins, but it was really encouraging to hear they were asking the right questions. Sounds like it was actually someone knowlegeable on the topic of mountain biking has prepared the survey. Pumped for some more trails.
  15. T

Places that Rock MTB magazine

Thanks guys, Looking forward to it. Tim