Recent content by udi

1. udi

Which suspension package on which enduro bike

herbman is onto it. Nomad3 has an awful leverage curve (heavily digressive first half of stroke = harsh then wallowy). Best way to reduce ill effects is with a coil shock, ideally a smaller shaft one (so the 12.7mm small-shaft RC4 is preferable to the 15.875mm larger shaft). It still won't make...
  2. udi

QLD SOLD. SRAM X01 (11spd) shifter

Item: X01 11spd shifter Condition: Never used, removed from new bike Price: $150 firm SOLD
  3. udi

QLD SOLD. Formula RO-Racing

@slider_phil @creaky Hose lengths: Front: 940mm Rear: 1630mm Including the banjo and rubber hose cover at lever end, so subtract a bit if you need length without those. @Boom King Levers are identical between R1-R, T1-R, and RO-R with the pull master cylinder. I just wanted this colour combo.
  4. udi

QLD SOLD. Formula RO-Racing

Sold, thanks
  5. udi

orange 322

bump
  6. udi

X01 (11sp) shifter

Item: X01 shifter, 11spd Details: Don't need clamp, prefer grey Price: Anything fair Location: Bris, happy to pay post
  7. udi

BB height - Is it too high?

+1 for offset shock hardware. Probably the cheapest improvement. Those pedals look really thick too, so you'll get a few more mm of effective mass height reduction just by switching to some thin flats. For more aggressive change, I'd consider fitting a shorter shock (need to confirm size vs...
  8. udi

Fox 36 float topcap (spring side)

Item: Fox 36 float topcap (spring side), to fit 2015-2018 36 Where: Anywhere, will pay post Price: Something reasonable Details: The threaded part, doesn't matter if there's no blue valve cap
  9. udi

Servicing bearings in DT Swiss road wheel

Dropped in for my yearly visit to see this blast from the past, bi 'n' oral! Hope you're well. The bearings can be replaced with standard ones. Any good quality 2RS will do (SKF or whatever), the stock ones aren't great anyway. You can usually pull the endcaps off and the freehub mechanism just...
  10. udi

Ti-Springs

My friend had the same experience with Ti-Springs.com, the guy kept lying to him about his spring and it took many months before he even shipped it. It actually became a running joke in our group since the service was so terrible, and after however long, the guy threw in some crappy $2 grips...
  11. udi

XT M8000 Brakes 'pumping up' on descents

These are actual problems with Shimano brakes that have existed for a long time now, it's good to see that official sources are finally calling them out on it. It's a shame that the new crop haven't fixed it, and by the sounds made things even worse. Can only hope that the new Saint/Zee...
  12. udi

NSW ***sold***

Haha don't even bother, this guy has been here for eternity and doesn't believe in owning a camera. I've watched these threads since the dawn of time. If it didn't happen in 12 years it's not about to change now. On the other hand, he's been here for eternity, I doubt he's going to run away...
  13. udi

Need 7.5W fork oil for Marzocchi 55CR Anywhere in Melb sell it?

A less well-known fact is that suspension oils with a higher viscosity index (VI) tend to have inferior friction properties and inferior sliding performance, notably in bath applications where the damper oil is also the oil for lubrication of bushings in the lowers. This is why Fox for example...
  14. udi

Stans rear hub on Flow EX - a bit loose?

You'll need new spokes anyway since different hubs have different flange dimensions (changes spoke length). I'd just get a whole new wheel as you said. For future reference, blue loctite (eg 222/242/243) are threadlockers, only really designed to stop vibration loosening of screws and nuts. The...
  15. udi

Stans rear hub on Flow EX - a bit loose?

Which loctite did you use specifically? You need to use a retaining compound for this application (which you may have), however I'd specifically recommend 680 or 638 in this case. Assembly and cure time are very important - make sure all surfaces are cleaned free of oil and grease prior to...