Recent content by wheels101

1. W

Reign fox air 5.0 upgrade or new bike

Thanks for the input.. The cane creek looks a nice bit of gear, but figure if i spend that kind of money i should just go & pick up the dream bike & bang it on that.. have looked into going coil, but was put off by the pedal bob.. Having said that might just give it a whirl & if all else fails...
  2. W

Reign fox air 5.0 upgrade or new bike

Hello good folk, Have got myself a Reign 2 2011 & have upgraded pretty much everything bar the suspension. The front shocks i can kind of live with but the RP2 i hate. Am thinking will a Fox Air 5.0 make all the difference to the bike & change my attitude or should i just spend up big &...
  3. W

2012 Reign - advice re chain drop stop

Adding I found i was dropping the chain from the big ring too, maybe should have removed a few links. Looked into the bioncon, but at the time didn't realize they moved with the chain.. but did this instead & cost me $10 for the roller. (by the way the rivets are wedged under the chain-stay not...
  4. W

2012 Reign - advice re chain drop stop

Making the reign AM Just reviving an old post, have a 2011 Reign II.. just replaced the drivetrain 2X10 with 24t granny & 38t middle ring ( big gap i Know but its working) & hope bash gaurd with X9 mid cage on the rear.. This seems to have fixed the chain drop on those downhill runs.. just made...
  5. W

upgrade 2x10, what chainset fits reign 2

I did think that after I posted last night, tho thought a bash guard might help stop the chain coming off when its on the big ring, cheers..
  6. W

upgrade 2x10, what chainset fits reign 2

Hey, I've got a 2011 reign 2 & want to change over to a 2x10 to fix the chain issues on those downhill episodes. I'm looking at two the SLX & a raceface version but cant find info on if they will fit or not. the reign 2 has the Shimano BB71, press fit. But does this make any difference to the...
  7. W

What dual ring/chain tensioner setup

Thanks for all the advice there fella's. Got something to think about now. That last option there looks interesting/light weight, How well does it hold up do you think on the dh runs & through mud?
  8. W

What dual ring/chain tensioner setup

Got myself a reign 2 a few months back & want to up grade to a dual ring with bash guard & chain tension. Any suggestions on what to buy..? Cheers..